Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

storky95

How do I get 2019/2020 transcripts by mail? Can I update my address to receive them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

How do I get 2019/2020 transcripts by mail? Can I update my address to receive them?

use form 4506-T

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf 

it is doubtful that the IRS has tax return transcripts available for 2020 at this time.  it could take 3 weeks maybe longer for it to be available after it the return is fully processed. the best way to check is to register online at the IRS website and check for it. but then once you register you can download them and print them out.  no printer you can save as a PDF and then use a friend's computer or places like FedEx to print them out.  

Did you prepare the 2019 and 2020 returns with Online TurboTax?   If so, you should be able to find and download a PDF of each and view/print.     We can tell you how.

Or were they prepared elsewhere?

2020 is the current return folks are preparing or just filed.   Was that a typo?   That's confusing as to why one would need a transcript for that.

Attima Kuhn Miles
Returning Member

I am requesting a copy of my transcripts for tax year 2019

Attima Kuhn Miles
Returning Member

I need a copy of my 2019 tax return statements 

Attima Kuhn Miles
Returning Member

No. I only filed with TurboTax Tax in 2019

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can request transcripts from the IRS by mail, phone, or online and can receive transcripts by mail or online.  

The fastest way to get a transcript is to use Get Transcript Online on the IRS website. You'll need to establish an online account to use this. Then you can view, print, or download the transcripts.    

If you don't have online access you can request a transcript by mail. You'll need to submit Form 4506-T to the IRS address in the instructions or fax the form to the number in the instructions. 

Alternatively, you can call the IRS automated phone transcript service at 800.908.9946.   

Note - if you request a Transcript by mail, Transcripts will not be forwarded from an old address. To get them mailed to a current address, you must submit Form 8822, Change of Address, to the IRS before requesting a transcript by mail. A change of address request generally takes 4 to 6 weeks to process.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Do you need a transcript of your return or a copy of the return that you filed with TurboTax? The instructions for requesting a transcript is above. If you log in to the TurboTax account you used to file your return, you can print a copy. If you do not have access to that account, you must request a transcript from the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies