Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pauschc

How do I fix the following problem? State return rejected with the following reason. M1 duplicate filings are not allowed how do i fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I fix the following problem? State return rejected with the following reason. M1 duplicate filings are not allowed how do i fix this?

Best call the state.  There is a possibility of tax fraud instead of accidental duplicate filing.

cspraags
Returning Member

This problem have me puzzle turbo tax completed my taxes and when it came to time to submitt they were rejected o paid turbo 80 dollars to no avail what do I do though the payment   constitute a account to look over and make sure was right what's going on with this service 

cspraags,

I can certainly understand your frustration.  I wish all tax returns went smoothly.  Sigh...

First of all, don't panic.  When you are due a refund, you have up to three years to file your return without penalty.  That said, there are some items to cover here:

(a) Your $80 payment is truly for the preparation of a correct state tax return and not for electronic filing.  While I happen to have the experience and skills to prepare my own returns, there are quite a few gotchas with state income tax and it can be well worthwhile to have it calculated correctly.  In short, whether you print and mail or electronically file, the $80 was for the preparation of the return.  In any event, do print a hardcopy (or save a PDF) of your tax return!

(b) The fact that you are getting a duplicate filing is, to me, very, very concerning as it may well be a sign that some crook has stolen your tax identity and filed in your name for a false refund.  Please, please call the state tax agency and ask them to assist in making that determination and, if it was identify theft, correcting the issue.

(c) As I mentioned in (a), once step (b) is taken care of, and assuming your legitimate return was not actually filed inadvertently, you have the option to print and mail your state return.  In many states you can also enter the numbers from your printed tax return directly into the state tax agency website instead of mailing the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies