Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file my taxes if I keep getting "Tax year 2023 transmissions are not available".

I am using TT Home & Business and I am not able to file my returns.  I am filing fed and NY state.  Every time I try to file, I keep getting the following message:

"Tax year 2023 transmissions are not available.  TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 return."

I tried reviewing the list of forms and noticed that the 1040ES (Estimated payment) forms are coming up as "unsupported".  If a form is unsupported, is there a way to efile the return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

How do I file my taxes if I keep getting "Tax year 2023 transmissions are not available".

I'm having the same error with NY State return. From other posts on the forum, it sounds like Intuit hasn't fully ported all the NY State forms into TurboTax. I was able to file my Federal return separately, but NY State return still gives me the error.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this problem and is working to resolve it as soon as possible.  However, if you do not need the Estimated forms you can delete them and e-file.  Some have done this and it worked to allow them to e-file because they did not need estimated tax forms.

Follow steps below to delete a form:

@DeniseNY On the menu bar on the left that shows. 

1. Select Tax Tools 
  2. On the drop-down select Tools 
  3. On the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form 
  4. This will give you all of the forms in your return 
  5. Scroll down to the form you want to delete 
  6. Select the Form 
  7. Click on Delete

Always use extreme caution when deleting information from your tax return.  There could be unintended consequences. On the menu bar on the left that shows. 

1. Select Tax Tools 
  2. On the drop-down select Tools 
  3. On the Pop-Up menu select Delete a Form 
  4. This will give you all of the forms in your return 
  5. Scroll down to the form you want to delete 
  6. Select the Form 
  7. Click on Delete

Always use extreme caution when deleting information from your tax return.  There could be unintended consequences. 

@DeniseNY 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do need the estimated forms as I am self-employed and have been making quarterly tax payments for a while now.  What I did do is file the federal separate from the state and the federal went through.  So the problem is NY State.  Do you know when the issue with the state tax forms will be fixed?  

Thank you.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

As Cynthiad66 said above, try deleting the unsupported forms and re-transmit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I deleted the NYS estimated tax payment forms and was able to successfully file the NY return. I plan to schedule my ET payments manually. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies