Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter 1095-B and 1095-C info on NYS tax forms?

I've been penalized in the past for not including this info, but I don't see where to enter it!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

You can enter the insurance premiums paid, under medical expenses in the federal section.

Thanks, but it's the state that keeps penalizing me.  Plus, it's not about my contributions; it's about me paying taxes on the monetary value of the health insurance benefits I receive firm my employer.  

RaifH
Expert Alumni

If you receive a cafeteria plan from your work and you are a NYC resident, there should be an amount in Box 14 of your W-2 that says something like 125 and an amount. This is the amount of contributions your employer made to flexible spending accounts and is taxable if you are a NYC resident. If this appears in Box 14 on your W-2, you want to use the pulldown menu and select New York IRC 125/Sec 18 Subject to NY Tax.

TurboTax will automatically add the Box 14 amount to your taxable New York wages if you make this selection. 

New York does not have a penalty if you do not have health insurance in 2021. You should not need to enter the information from 1095-B or 1095-C anywhere on your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies