Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CamaDav671
Returning Member

How do I contact who my tax preparer is?

I filed with TurboTax but it got rejected. However that same return that was rejected was filed and there was a third party designee on the return with about 400 missing from the refund after it was deposited to my account. I’m new to the States, and I thought I wasn’t being charged for the service besides the $30-60 fee. I have my account transcripts and spoke to IRS already.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

did you use the TurboTax full service?
it sound like the person assigned did not do much to keep you informed of what was happening with your Form 1040.

@CamaDav671 

Look at your form 1040 ... if you used a tax preparer thru the FULL SERVICE option then their contact information would be on the bottom of page 2 since they are required to sign all returns they prepare.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To review your TurboTax fees, please visit the help article below. @CamaDav671

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CamaDav671
Returning Member

Let me leave a few more details. None of the turbo tax agents are able to view any information regarding that. It’s blank. I can’t even view it. It’s not on downloaded and when I click on my file, it won’t let me do anything. I’ve called the IRS and they said it’s likely a tax agent abuse because I NEVER received any document saying how much is being deducted or when the file was submitted. No receipt of ANY kind. 

CamaDav671
Returning Member

Also, I didn’t use full service. I did at one point, but I never filed and reset the document, and then changed to live service and file on my own. I even had an agent on the line with me who at the time I pressed transmit. And then I received a follow up email saying to finish my taxes and I followed it. Guess what, my return right then and there got rejected.  And TurboTax has ZERO receipt of any kind showing me any billing. 

CamaDav671
Returning Member

That’s the thing I don’t even know anything about a tax rep. I know I didn’t file with a tax rep in the end. I filed with someone on the phone with me and transmitted the documents. Turbo Tax keeps saying they have ZERO records of me filing even though my rejected return is the one the IRS accepted. Then I contacted all the banks my refund went to. And all the roads lead back to this tax preparer who might possibly be with another company or TurboTax. I have ZERO documents what’s going on. It’s been a week. I can’t even get on the phone with them. When I do finally get someone, they hang up or the call drops for some reason. 

Carl
Level 15

Par chance, did you elect to pay your TurboTax fees from your refund? Do you have any student loans you're behind on, or any other debt that would allow a debtor to seize your refund or any part of it? If married and your filed joint, does your spouse?

CamaDav671
Returning Member

Nope, I’m clear and free. It’s my first time filing with TurboTax and in the US at that. Yes I am a US Citizen. And no I am single. I do believe it IS fraud. Because I tried to log into the “2nd account of Mine” and all the security questions aren’t even related to me at all. I contacted the IRS, the 2 Banks, an Account Manager, the Treasury hotline AND Turbo Tax, the IRS and I are good. TT has nothing on my file and billing. The others can’t give me the information I’m requesting regarding MY money because it’s breaching Federal Law if they do. I’m already filing for Fraud and having them launch an investigation. I gave them the trace number too. 

Carl
Level 15

If you haven't already, see https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-central to ensure you're doing all you possibly can on your end.

CamaDav671
Returning Member

Yup I spoke to an identity theft agent who recommended I call Turbo one more time before I submit the required documents but she made notations on my account about “possible ID theft or possible Tax Prep abuse”.  I called TT last night and an agent can see I DID file through Live Assist but for some reason the file got sent to the tax preparer when I was in Full service. I have the documents proving the date I was on the phone and the tax agent I was speaking to helped me get out of Full Service to Live assist. And every email after that is labeled LIVE ASSIST. This was a TurboTax issue and it needs to be fixed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies