turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kazuok1

How can I enact the recovery rebate credit if Turbo tax never asked me if I received full stimulus payment? I never received either payment for qualified dependent.

I’m trying to file my taxes with the turbo tax program, however it doesn’t have a section to include missing stimulus payments. How can I recover missing dependent payments if I haven’t received any from the first or second stimulus check?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

How can I enact the recovery rebate credit if Turbo tax never asked me if I received full stimulus payment? I never received either payment for qualified dependent.

If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kyana Williams
Returning Member

What if u never received any from your dependent but have identity theft ? But already file your 2022 tax ? Well it automatically be added into your return as well ? IRS already know I have identity theft since 2019 ? they told me I should receive all my dependent stimulus checks but it didn't add on my 2022 tax so what do I do are do I do nothing but waiting for it automatically

Kyana Williams
Returning Member

I file FIRST this time ? And needed to know how do I go by claiming missing stimulus check for my child all 3 stimulus check

Only one stimulus payment in 2021, that's EIP3.

If you did not get EIP1 and EIP2 and qualify you must file a 2020 tax return for that.

Credits are contingent on AGI so it has to ask you at the end when AGI is known to the program.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies