turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, Im trying to file for 2020 and I uploaded my returns from 2019 but it wont let me input the numbers for "box d" can someone help me find this? thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Hi, Im trying to file for 2020 and I uploaded my returns from 2019 but it wont let me input the numbers for "box d" can someone help me find this? thanks

Can you clarify what section you are in so we can assist you?

Are you trying to enter information from a W-2 Form or in another area?

Please clarify so we can assist you accordingly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi, sorry I just saw this. Im filling out a W-2 form and was asked to input the number from “box d.” When I researched what they might be looking for, I was told it is usually a 10 digit number but I’m not sure what that would be.

@love2moore 

When you edit your W-2 for 2020, it is "sometimes" needed to import the data from a W-2 provider....but it is totally unneeded if you are just entering your W-2 data manually.  

If you already have that W-2 entered......you can leave that box empty since the IRS doesn't care about it and it is only used by your company's payroll dept.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies