Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ndamico

Hi, I need to file 2015, 2016

I would like to use the Turbo Tax Premier version.  Is this still available for these years?  If not, does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks.....
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, TurboTax no longer supports those years.  You might be able to purchase those years from Amazon.  Or, search the internet.  Just be aware, if you purchase those TurboTax years, you may not be able to get the updates for the 2015 year. You should be able to manually update 2016.

2016—2018 Manual Updates

To manually update your prior-year TurboTax for Windows software, follow the same instructions as above, except substitute the tax year you need for Step 2:

2015 and earlier updates are not available, as these past-year versions are no longer supported.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Sorry, TurboTax no longer supports those years.  You might be able to purchase those years from Amazon.  Or, search the internet.  Just be aware, if you purchase those TurboTax years, you may not be able to get the updates for the 2015 year. You should be able to manually update 2016.

2016—2018 Manual Updates

To manually update your prior-year TurboTax for Windows software, follow the same instructions as above, except substitute the tax year you need for Step 2:

2015 and earlier updates are not available, as these past-year versions are no longer supported.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Here's a link for the manual update for 2015 for Windows. BUT - This is only for federal. I don't think there is any way to get the state software or state updates for 2015.

2015 manual update (R42 - 116 MB)

You might already know this but in case you are not aware, you are too late to receive an income tax refund for 2015 or 2016, even if the Form 1040's show a refund.  Those refunds have been forfeited.  But if you owe tax due, you are subject to late filing penalties and interest, which will not be calculated by TurboTax.  Those amounts will be calculated by the IRS, and they will bill you at a later time after they receive the returns and your payments for the tax due as shown on the tax forms.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

at least one of the top three tax software  co's still supports those years. We're not allowed to name them here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies