Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eaglectr

Green dot card

A year ago I got suckered into this Green Dot thing (scam). I tried my darndest this year to avoid it, but I was unsuccessful. Other than the refund that was owed me, I have never received anything from that outfit. If TurboTax is going to play this game next season, I'll take my business elsewhere. Social Security doesn't pay me enough to fritter away my money needlessly. Is it possible to make the Opt out easier? My first suggestion would be to just do away with the Green Dot thing (scam).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Green dot card

The only thing you're supposed to receive is your refund.  You are not required to choose to pay your TurboTax fees with your Federal refund.  to avoid making that choice, pay with a credit or debit card.

Green dot card

Kind of weird since Turbotax didn't use Greendot last year at all. Sounds more like you are choosing refund processing service so you can pay your TurboTax fees from your refund. You don't have to choose to get any Greendot card to use the service at all. You can have it direct deposited into your bank account. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies