Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KBOARD1

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

@Netbob I made your suggested changes in the federal. Thank you! When I go to CA state there's a section titled, "Here's the income that California handles differently"  The line stating Mortgage Interest Adjustment didn't change.  How will your recommended solution apply to this CA section?

Getting error: Schedule CA: _ your return has a mortgage interest adjustment which will require an update in order to ensure that the calculations are correct. Help ?

When can I expect this to be corrected?  

Despite that working for us, TT needs to fix the issue. I don’t feel comfortable transmitting until the Ca (and the Ny) schedule forms are fixed. I also don’t feel right merging 1098’s together. Each 1098 is a separate data trail to the fed so it needs to match their record. Supposedly the fix is due tomorrow feb 10th. Btw, that faq was a workaround generated by TT. My personal situation hasn’t changed from last years 1040 with a couple of refi's in there so it was a change on the state side that hosed it.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

@Time2file2day When this last update was publish, it was about 1 week ago. This last update mentioned it will be resolved in 14 days. Let's give it a week from now.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey all, I was just able to e-file for NYS. Give it a try now.

kim19cid

Cool! Mine works now, too for CA. 😀

Fixed for me also in CA.  Just filed

it's still not working on my end for NY state tax.  

Still not working for me in CA - no new updates available either.

It’s not fixed for me as well in Ca. No updates yet. Maybe it’s a time zone rollout? I’ll check again tomorrow.

nb

I just tried NY, had been failing for over a week, and finally went through. Maybe try again in the event it was just fixed?

After seeing folks successfully get it working, it had not updated yet. Then I tried again and got an immediate update and was able to transmit my return in CA successfully! Yay. Nice work TT.

Corie

Has this been resolved yet. I feel kind of stuck because you start with filing with feds then state so I already did my federal but can't file the state. This is a trap. I feel like this is a bate tactic to make pay for the more expensive package if you're a deluxe user. It feels like a trap because you can't go no where else. TT is holding my tax return hostage (sort of speak). Even the "sign for notification is bogus because there's no such thing. Why are you doing this TT? 

Try again.  Mine finally went through yesterday (CA).

Yes, agreed, there was an update available this morning and I was finally able to submit my taxes.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies