Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8960 error saga

Just recieved text that federal was accepted !!!! So excited! It did look like things filled in differently on the 8960 form than when I saved it from the three times it rejected, sooo… anyhoo.. I am waiting on confirmation from the state now. I can’t tell you what a relief it is to have that done and over with .  

Form 8960 error saga

Just had my state return accepted and all is clear now for whoever is hesitating refiling due to 8960.  What a relief not to have to wait weeks more!

Form 8960 error saga

I am waiting on state , still pending .. but federal was accepted after 15 min. This was after three rejections 😎

Form 8960 error saga

Looks like it worked out for you as it did for me. Glad we are at the end of this. Lesson learned by TT should be to be more communicative about an IRS issue versus a TT issue. This message board was very helpful to me. 

Form 8960 error saga

My state was accepted as well. Who knew taxes coils be stressful! Hopeful this wont occurr next year. So relieved this is over. 

coffeymaker2
Returning Member

Form 8960 error saga

Well, the 2022 IRS Known Issues spreadsheet was updated on 2/7 with a projected resolution date of 2/19, but that date has come and gone with no resolution.  Issue does still not have a Date Resolved in the sheet.  Can anyone confirm that this issue has been resolved (and maybe the IRS just hasn't updated their paperwork)?

Form 8960 error saga

Based on my federal and state (California) returns being accepted this last weekend, I would say the IRS has not updated their spreadsheet (surprised?) as I know others have submitted and have had their returns accepted.

Form 8960 error saga

I had my federal and state accepted yesterday after three rejections . All done . You should be good to go!

Form 8960 error saga

Fantastic news!  Accepted by IRS!  Did you receive your money yet?  This will be the true test if the ‘system’ is working. PLMK, thanks.

Form 8960 error saga

My California State refund has been approved and the IRS website confirms my return was accepted. Use this link to follow your refund. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Form 8960 error saga

All 3 returns were accepted and I am waiting for NY refund which is in process.  Usually takes 2-3 weeks for the direct deposit refund.  So all is good!

Form 8960 error saga

It hasn’t been approved yet , but it has been accepted. Has anyone else been approved yet from this situation?

Form 8960 error saga

I can also concur mine was denied twice on 1/29 and then again in 2/7 and today 2/27 without changing anything it was accepted!  Glad whatever the glitch was with the irs was fixed.

Form 8960 error saga

I will of course feel better when I know it has been approved and refund on the way.. 

Form 8960 error saga

My California State refund hit my bank today. So I think we can all say this issue is behind us now. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies