Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8960 error saga

Whooohoooo!  Same here.  Made 0 changes to return and hit file a few minutes ago.  Both federal and state returns have been accepted.  Think you are all good to go and our 8960 error saga is at an end...

Form 8960 error saga

Thanks everyone! My return was just accepted as well. The 8960 issue is closed. 

Form 8960 error saga

They scared me too and rejected all 3 returns.  I called and read them the riot act and told them there should have been a notice at Turbo that taxes had to wait to be filed with the IRS bulletin showing no resolution til as late as mid March.  Would have saved a lot of trouble and shock!

Form 8960 error saga

Go to IRS Bulletins for the list and search by date and form 8960.  Right now it says by late Feb to mid March it will be corrected.  Turbo told me that to wait two days after the correction is made, which will show in a column on the IRS bulletin page, and then refile.  Turbo also said they know the Feb 19th correction date on their site is wrong but nothing has been done by the higher ups to fix it.

Form 8960 error saga

I eFiled my federal and California state returns twice with the same return error code in the last 10 days.  Today, I submitted my federal and state returns and they were finally accepted by the IRS and FTB (California) agencies.  Even thought the IRS spread sheet shows this form 8960 error as an open issue, it appears it has been fixed since my returns have been accepted today.  Hoping this saga is over.

Form 8960 error saga

Are we able to e-file it now without getting an error?

Form 8960 error saga

We refiled late yesterday and so far so good.  Fed and NY returns were accepted and NJ is still pending because they are usually slow in general.  IRS bulletin is still not updated to show resolution but they may not update it til March 1.

Form 8960 error saga

My return was accepted on 2/19. And many others posted that they also had accepted returns.  I haven’t seen that anyone has posted rejections since 2/19 for this form error.   

Form 8960 error saga

I saw that I wasn't getting updates wither on this . Has anyone retried ? I had mine fail three times and I don't know if there is a limit on rejections.. sigh . 

Form 8960 error saga

How did it work for you ?

Form 8960 error saga

It was accepted ? I keep getting calls from TT and they want me to finish , but I tell them I am waiting for the IRS to fix and they go , oh ok . They say nothing about it being fixed already. 

Form 8960 error saga

Are you serious ? I am going to try when I get home .. it will be such a relief . 

Form 8960 error saga

Since this was an IRS problem and not a TurboTax issue, no updates from TT needed to happen. The IRS must have fixed or addressed the problem and that is why returns are being accepted. I had mine rejected twice until they were accepted this past weekend. Good luck with yours. I’m sure you will have yours accepted if you try again today, assuming the only issue was form 8960. 

Form 8960 error saga

We refiled late yesterday, Feb 21, and Fed was accepted and so was NY, NJ shows as pending.

Form 8960 error saga

The error message said that was the only issue.  I am going to say a prayer and try again . 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies