Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

demobil

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

This is garbage. I need to know if and what I owe sooner rather than later. TT showing complete disregard for this community is infuriating. What a joke with the BS stock responses from the bots.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

Yes, that is still correct. 

@dkonol2

Hey there,

Just replying to your comment.  Totally agree 100%.  I went to TaxSlayer and just did my taxes cheaper than TurboTax fees for this year.  They have the form built in for the Cares Act.  TurboTax lost my business this year and my confidence in their product because this is totally unacceptable that the form, in which TT KNOWS, affects millions of taxpayers, could not be prepared and built in prior to the end of March.  

Sparky16

According to Turbotax, 

Form will be available for e-file 03/24/2022

After using Turbo Tax too many years to count… I will have to say good-bye due their inability to deliver this form in a timely manner. 

Ridiculous!! 

I used FreeTaxUSA and already got my refund. Sorry Turbo Tax, not sure who is responsible for this mistake, but they it's costing you customers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Freetaxusa filing literally for free. Got my refund in 2 weeks 

Cygnus_XI
Returning Member

I just logged into Turbotax Online and was please to see that form 8915-F was available.  The questions did require me to have a copy of my 2020 8915-E in front of me.  At the end it then said I needed to go an visit the section Retirement Fund Distribution (1099-R).  I filed, contacted a TT Tax Expert and he said check to make sure that the amount that should be included as Taxable Income appears on my TT Form.  Go To Tools > View Tax Summary then on the Left side me an Option to View Tax Summary for Tax forms and scroll down until you can see the expected taxable amount for the 1/3 of COVID Distribution as part of your Income Summary.  

I fill out the form and then follow your prompts but it doesn't show recorded on the preview for the 1040 form. Its not deducting the taxes just keeps telling me You'll need to visit the Form 1099-R Retirement topic. Did you get it to work?

I followed the instruction but didn't see 1/3 of withdraw money was applied. How can we fix it?

@nguy1656-gmail-c wrote:

I followed the instruction but didn't see 1/3 of withdraw money was applied. How can we fix it?

If you reported it correctly the 1/3 of the 2020 distribution will be reported on your Form 1040 on either Line 4b or 5b depending what type of account the distribution came from, ie. 401(k) or an IRA.

First - I checked the mark at "If this was a Coronavirus related distribution in 2020" and then I entered the money I withdrew in 2020 Form 8915E, line 4. b.  

I checked but didn't see the income total changed. It still showed as $0.

Any other suggestion?

Did anyone else choose to have taxes come directly out of their withdrawal in 2020? I did 10% for federal and state.

im realizing this year that I maybe screwed up last year when I elected to do the 3 year spread because I put all of the taxes I already paid on last years return, but only 1/3 of the income. 
(I took out 16k and paid $1600 federal at the withdrawal)

Now this year, when I add the 1/3 as income (5333)  it makes my federal refund drop almost 1100.

So then I redid my taxes for 2020 on paper to see what it would have been like last year if I had put the whole 16k withdrawal at the same time as I claimed the taxes I prepaid  , and it only made my refund $300 less.

I’m going to go over it again to be sure on paper it was correct. Last year we did file

jointly, and this year it was seeming to work out better filing separately because of the advance child tax credit. So it could be the reason that this year the tax would be such a bigger difference for only 5000. 

anyways I still have keep messing with it and figuring out what works out best but I am

considering filing an amended return for last year so I can just be done with the Covid withdrawal,and was just wondering if anyone has come across this if they prepaid taxes in 2020 

Same here

Very frustrating!

Cygnus_XI
Returning Member

Yes I got the same message, but you just move through it.  I did get a TT Expert on the phone who walked me through the form and It was correct.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies