turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AlAnn

Form 8606 for deceased spouse

As directed, I prepared a paper copy of From 8606 for my deceased spouse.  Now how do I transfer the taxable amount (line 15c) to Turbo Tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

More information needed.

As directed by who?    What exactally are you trying to do?  When did your spouse pass?  Whose name and SSN is on the 1099-R you are trying to report?  For what year?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
AlAnn

All of that has been resolved with previous postings.  I am now filing my 2018 forms (after extension in April).  I'm told that Turbo Tax does not support form 8606 for a deceased spouse with "basis".  I was told to fill out a paper copy, out of Turbo Tax, of the 8606 for my spouse.  I was directed on how to then enter the "basis" into Turbo Tax, and get it combined with mine, which I have done.  The only remaining question is, how do I enter the taxable amount of RMD (line 15c) into Turbo Tax.  Otherwise I will have to pay tax on the total RMD.  Thanks for your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies