Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

I was with proseries for many a previous years and that problem with form 8915F was for two years and drove us up the wall. Would you like to hear something strange? Tye year of 2022 was the last year we would need form 8915F. Now that we don't need it any more it is up and running at the beginning of the tax season.

"We’re still working on Form 7206 not supported for Efile in Desktop"

The invalid email will be a new issue that Intuit needs to fix.  Should take two weeks, at least.

I am still unable to file my 2023 taxes because TurboTax will not allow the e-filing because of Form 7206. When do you anticipate this issue being resolved? It's been, what, 10 days now?

I'm pretty sure that this has finally been fixed.  

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm not using TurboTax online, I'm using desktop. The issue remains.

Have you downloaded last Thursday's update?  If you are not sure, close the program.  Reopen it and check for updates.

With perhaps one exception, we who have been waiting have been able to successfully efile with the 7206 since early Thursday morning.

pkm1
Level 3

The form 7206 problem for desktop using google chrome has been resolved. After updating you need to restart your computer.

There have been many people who have said it is now fixed and doing just find>

If you are using Desktop your browser has nothing to do with this issue despite the original Intuit response incorrectly mentioning cache and cookies :< BIG FAIL

As for the 7206 bug (as one of the gazillion people who experienced it) if you update your software, it will work fine unless there is yet another permutation of the problem that has not yet been discovered. 

I was able to file very complex taxes (rental income, capitol gains/losses, interest, dividends, self-employed income, Obamacare, crypto and a million deductions) without further issue after the update.

I was able to file last Thursday, using my desktop software. But just now I received yet another message from TurboTax saying: "We appreciate your continued patience as we tirelessly work on solving your issue. We’ll email you when we’ve developed a fix."

Really builds confidence!  I had the same experience.

I thought the email I was receiving from TT was to finally let me know the fix has been made. But know, it was not the one I was anticipating, but letting me know they are still working on the fix. 

If they cannot successfully handle simple customer service tasks, it makes you wonder if they really are providing us users a tax software that lives up to their advertisements.   

I've received that same message (first direct response from TT) and I filed last Thursday also.  Already been accepted by both Fed and State.  I'm beginning to suspect that TT right hand might not known what the left hand is doing.

Agree with you. I got the same "we are working on this" - Ive never seen TurboTax/Intuit be this clueless or procedure-less on any incident....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies