Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 4562 line 12 flagged

The business income limitation Turbotax calculates for line 11 is $1176.  The amount it populates on line 12 is the same but upon review Turbotax flags line 12 and will not allow any adjustments and cannot go forward with filing.  Turbotax rep had no resolution so any help is appreciated!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

To clarify the situation, please share the information that is shown for the error on line 12 and whether you are claiming more Section 179 deduction than $1176.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Screenshot attached. First phone call with Turbotax over 2 hours without resolution even removing software and reloading with new license key. Second call the rep insisted I go ahead and file because it could be a system glitch and if it's wrong the IRS will reject it.  Not comfortable with that advice! The numbers on 4562 are calculated by the software and it will not allow an override so I'm at a loss where the flag is originating in Turbotax. Thank you for taking a look!

Flagged 4562.png

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Your deduction is limited by your business income so that is the maximum sec 179 you can claim. The rest is being carried over. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem and the advice comments don't do anything.

Read the 2nd and 3rd entry on this similar one that was posted on the community. Hopefully it helps!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/i-am-getting-an-error-on-form-4562-line-12-that-i...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies