turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210 - Underpayment of Estimated Tax

I am trying to file my taxes but Turbo Tax won't let me because it is saying Form 2210 is not up to date. It is 2/11 and the forms should be up to date. How can one eFile when the program will not let you. If I do owe a penalty, then it would make more sense if I paid my tax sooner than later. 

Also how can one figure taxes so closely when one gets married and everything changes from before. If I pay the tax due by April 15 the IRS should be happy I paid my taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Form 2210, Underpayment of Estimated Tax is scheduled to be available on 02/18/2021 (subject to change)

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Thank you very much for that piece of information. However, I do think the forms should be ready now. The IRS wants to fine me for not paying in enough; really. As long as I pay the money by April 15, I should not owe a penalty. When one's life changes; in my case marriage, then how is one to know exactly how much tax one will owe? With capital gains, dividends, stocks sales, rent, social security and pensions, it is hard to figure out the amount until the figures are in and the computations made. My wife was okay last year as was I, but after marriage and combining monies we aren't. If we had underpaid, then would the IRS owe us a penalty? I think not! 

Thank You

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies