Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Foreign Income Calculations

Hi,

I'm a US citizen now living in the UK and I'm wondering how to calculate GBP to USD for each month of the year for 2022?

The UK has a monthly exchange conversion chart to convert USD to GBP for reporting my US income to the UK. For example, my October US income of $3,580 is divided by 1.1331 to equate to £3,157.47 of taxable income to the UK; my April US income of $3,580 is divided by 1.3212 to equate to £2,709.66 of taxable income to the UK.

Does the IRS provide a similar chart (in reverse) so I can report my income to the IRS? I know the maximum exclusion amounts, but I still need to know the answer to my question for future reference.

Thanks much and Happy New Year!

Frank

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Not a month to month from the IRS.  But they do have a Yearly average currency exchange rates website and links to the US Treasury website where you may get monthly exchange rates.

This is the IRS link but note it has not yet been updated for 2022 - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/yearly-average-currency-exchange-rates

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Not a month to month from the IRS.  But they do have a Yearly average currency exchange rates website and links to the US Treasury website where you may get monthly exchange rates.

This is the IRS link but note it has not yet been updated for 2022 - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/yearly-average-currency-exchange-rates

Thanks much for your reply and IRS web page link!  That helps a lot!

All the best!

~ Frank

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies