Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

@F8960-019-04 please let us know.  That is kind of you.  If I may ask did someone at TT provide the update?  Thanks again

Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. We do not have an estimate for when the problem will be resolved

This just happened to me too. Hoping it's resolved soon.

I also tried with HRBlock on Saturday and just found out today that my federal return was rejected. BTW, HRBlock did fill out the 8960 form on my return, so for all who still think it's a TT issue, hopefully you now know differently. 

Actually, I'm kind of glad it got rejected--after reading all the messages about "you'll be sorry if it's accepted by HRBlock"--which I read AFTER I e-filed.

I prefer TT ease of program over HRBlock and will stick with TT. So now just waiting to find out when to file. Thanks to all for your help on this! I wish I would not have filed with HRBlock, since extra funds were extended in trying to bypass this problem.

@hopejourney 

Request a refund from HR block. 

@hopejourney 

Really curious since I did not try HRB myself:

If you had Schedule C income and it was "non-passive"  (i.e., you actively participated in the biz), can you let us know if Form 8960 Line 17 "Net investment income tax for individuals" (NIIT) with HRB is a higher amount than with TT? Also, were Lines 4a and 4b different for HRB vs. TT?

Based on a bunch of posts from several days ago, it sure sounded like HRB wasn't subtracting "non-passive" Schedule C income on Line 4b. And if that's the case, they'd pay the 3.8% NIIT on income that is NOT subject to NIIT.

Yes. I wanted them to refund my account and the TT rep sent me the form. She explained it should be fixed tomorrow so I am patiently waiting. If it goes through, this group will be the first to know. 

Well, it’s officially wait until the IRS gets this fixed because even my H&R Block return after a week of pending just got rejected. Between the two software programs, TurboTax is a lot easier to use in my opinion so I’m going to stick with TurboTax, even though they should’ve been letting us know about this issue, but so far, no comments from TurboTax. 

Well, it’s officially wait until the IRS gets this fixed because even my H&R Block return after a week of pending just got rejected. Between the two software programs, TurboTax is a lot easier to use in my opinion so I’m going to stick with TurboTax, even though they should’ve been letting us know about this issue, but so far, no comments from TurboTax. 

why you gotta post the same thing 3 times??

@BligBlueLaser 

You are correct—HRBlock did not subtract the amount of my royalties from a book I published several years ago (a whole $38). They did, however, subtract the amount I made for my “essential oil” business ($600). So HRBlock cost me $2 more as a result of adding in my book royalties.

@BligBlueLaser 

I guess my royalties would be considered “passive income” though…TT subtracted that amount. 

I have investment income on line 1 of 8960

I have self-employed income on 4a then a subtraction of the same amount on 4b. My 4c is zero on 8960

TurboTax has used the Invesment income to come up with a value on line 17 of 8960 that IRS wants reported on schedule 1. I get it. But the income is reported on the 1040 line 2b

Is this issue the same as other people's postings and I just wait patiently?

Any update for you? I am new to the problem today. 

I also have no rental income, but earned interest on a savings account that I had to claim. Same boat?

IRS reply? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies