Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Federal return rejected: FED_NeedK-1_with8283_TTO_Only

Thanks. Our federal got accepted. Hopefully, the state gets accepted as well. Fingers crossed!

I am talking to an IT person from TT.  She spent 30 min or more on the phone with me.  The developers are still testing the fix with IRS.  She kept my case open and will send me an email as soon as software update is released.  She was most experienced person I spoke to out of so many reps that I spoke to.  

jofussino

same here....total idiots.

Just omitted line 13 that has a measly $1. Filed and got accepted. Let them come after me when they fix their mistake. Never again TT.

aramc
Returning Member

LARSLANIAN,  please let us know what happens.  

Federal return got accepted. Waiting for state.

It’s April 6th and software fix still not released, how does this even pass the first review and deemed 100% accurate? Complete BS

Hi friends. I ran into the same issue, despite TT permitting me to file. After the federal and state were rejected, I read your advice and parted with Line 13. The returns were rejected again. 

There has to be something else

Problem is even deeper my error issue arises because box 12A on my K1, which is a cash charitable donation but states and error and need for Form 8283 which is for non cash charitable donations

I changed the value in Box 13 to 0, clicked forward, and then came back to Box 13 and changed it back to the original value.  

Then I just refiled and my Federal return was accepted this time in about 20 minutes.  I didn't change any values from my original submission and my owe/refund amount didn't change.  Still waiting on the state to be accepted.

Had the same issue and the people I talked to all seemed to have no clue as to what to do and pretty much left me hanging. My question is did your return show that it was fixed? 

4/7 and the fix it part is still not working. Sounds like some people have just deleted 13 and it's working now?

One guy said he did that and then it didn't work and he was rejected again. Some people said they went in and marked things to zero and went back out and changed the values back to the correct numbers and then it worked. Other people are saying that TT developers admitted that the fix isn't working yet and they're running it by the IRS. 

On 5th April after their update release we filed after reviewing ( without making any changes) and Federal got accepted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies