Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fed form 6252 conflicts with Ca form 3805E

I have filled out federal form 6252 (Land) for a Installment sale of vacant land. When I check for errors on my federal taxes everything is fine. When I check for errors on my California taxes I get 4 entries that are in question and they are all on form 3805E. It tells me that lines 5,6,8,&11 need to be blank. How do I correct this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If you need Cal form 3805E and it gets auto populated by Fed form 6252 and form 3805E shows errors then you will need to override form 3805E. You can do this by selecting edit and use override or use CTRL+D on the form you need to override.

THANKS  WHO THE HELL WOULD NOT HOW TO DO THIS. THANKS I WILL TRY TO CORRECT IT. PROGRAM ERROR FOR SURE.

I am also having the same issue.  If I override California form 3805E I doubt online filing would work.  Here is a description of how I see the issue:

There’s an issue with 2019 Turbo Tax Form 6252 Part 1.  Prior to 2019 you only completed Part 1 "in year of sale".  2019 Form Part 1 now says to "complete all years".  In all the years I have used Turbo Tax Form 6252 Part 1 said “Complete only in year of sale”.  I went through all of my records to fill it out which then flowed to California Form 3805E.  Problem is form 3805E Part 1 says to “Complete year of sale only”.  So, TurboTax reports error if I do not complete Part 1 on 6252 and errors if I do complete it on 3805E. 

Hopefully someone at Turbo Tax is working to resolve this serious issue. 

citytiger

Very helpful. Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies