Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jpfatch

Unable to save file - error 102348. Was able to save yesterday, cannot save today. Created new tax return, still unable to save.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Unable to save file - error 102348. Was able to save yesterday, cannot save today. Created new tax return, still unable to save.

error 102348 Solved

This is not a Turbo Tax issue. It is a Windows Defender issue. If you go to your Windows Security settings, you'll find that the Controlled Access folder is checked to on to prevent any files from being changed. Go to that setting and turn it off. All will be able to be saved again. You're welcome!

Bruce M

Go to Settings/ Windows Security/ Virus & Threat protection/ Ransom Protection/ Manage Ransomware protection/ allow an app through controlled folder access/ yes/ add an allowed app/ recently blocked apps

Select TurboTax.exe

exit out

You should now be able to save your file

blbjorkl1

Thanks.  This worked for me.

andonima

35 years of using turbotax and I've never had such a fundamental problem with the software. Fortunately the community had a response. My problem was resolved once I set the defender criteria as indicated in this note.

I am surprised and disappointed that the install routine doesn't check for this and set it automatically, or walk you through the process during install.

I had spent hours on my tax return only to find I couldn't save it. Ironically, I could have saved it to the desktop and then moved it to the appropriate directory. So I've got to duplicate all of my work.

dewidavid
Returning Member

@andonima Exactly same issue for me.  30-yr user, didn't think to save it to the Desktop and lost all of my work! I thought the problem had been a power failure.  I still am not clear, however, what is blocking the normal save.

berand

Problem: You get an error when you try to save your work.

It happens because MicroSoft Defender does not recognize TurboTax.exe as “Trusted”. This happens with other applications as well.

The quick fix is to save your file to the “Downloads” folder and use cut/paste to place your file where you want.

The long term solution is to go into Microsoft Defender Settings and make Turbo Tax a trusted application.

Note: Since this is a long process, you might want to copy and paste the following to a text file and print it.

Here’s how:
Go to your Windows Settings screen
1. Select “Update & Security”
2. Select “Windows Security” from list on left side of screen
3. Select “Virus & Threat Protection" from the top of the Protection Areas list
4. Select “Manage Settings” from “Virus & Threat Protection Settings”
5. Select “Manage Controlled Folder Access” from “Controlled Folder Access”
6. Select “Allow an App Through Controlled Folder Access”
From “Controlled Folder Access”

7. Select “Yes” to allow Windows Security to make changes to device
8. Click button: “+ ADD an Allowed App”
9. Then choose “Recently Blocked Apps”

or “Browse All Apps”

If you select “Recently Blocked Apps”, you should see “TurboTax.exe”
You need to make that a trusted application by selecting it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies