turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entry Wont save

I'm just about done, but there is one issue that I have the information to fix. The issue simply states that the entry cannot equal zero(0). I can fix this based on the information from one of my tax forms however, whenever I try to input the correct value or attempt to leave it blank(because that is an option as well), it doesn't save. I input the value and click continue but the issue doesn't resolve. I'm stuck because of it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entry Wont save

Okay so I've tried everything, and although both answers didn't exactly fix my issue, they were helpful. I managed to find a way to edit this specific sale I made on a stock that was causing me the issue. It was a little odd getting to. It was just frustrating because the requirements stated that I cannot input $0.00 or decimal numbers. It seems every other value was rounded to the nearest dollar. So $0.20 was the value shown on the tax document I provided, but was automatically rounded to $0.00 on the form even though the form does not accept $0.00 and on top of that, wouldn't let me just round to $1.00 instead. Sorry for being vague on my issue, I'm not entirely sure what information I should be ok with showing in my questions, but thank you all for the assistance.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Entry Wont save

Please delete the form and add it again. Here's an article that will help you delete the form.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Entry Wont save

So I managed to delete the form and reenter the form, but the same issue arises. The value on my tax document is $0.20, and the site automatically rounds down to $0.00, even though the root of the issue is "this value cannot equal zero(0)"

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Entry Wont save

Tax returns are typically rounded to the next value.  If the value on your tax form is for $0.20, do not include the form as it is below any reportable amount on your tax return and would be reflected as $0.

You will need to delete the input section to remove it from your return.  This should remove the error.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Entry Wont save

Okay so I've tried everything, and although both answers didn't exactly fix my issue, they were helpful. I managed to find a way to edit this specific sale I made on a stock that was causing me the issue. It was a little odd getting to. It was just frustrating because the requirements stated that I cannot input $0.00 or decimal numbers. It seems every other value was rounded to the nearest dollar. So $0.20 was the value shown on the tax document I provided, but was automatically rounded to $0.00 on the form even though the form does not accept $0.00 and on top of that, wouldn't let me just round to $1.00 instead. Sorry for being vague on my issue, I'm not entirely sure what information I should be ok with showing in my questions, but thank you all for the assistance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies