Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EFile Transmission Error

@Mandylmiller5  wrote:

I am having the same problem. I seriously do not understand how they can let us file taxes come up with all this stuff with punch our numbers in to the crunching come up with an estimated refund. Tell me my taxes Both federal and state are complete And ready to file yet when I go to file several times now I keep being told that the IRS is not excepting 2021 transmissions yet. And there’s also been a message about North Carolina not having the proper paper or TurboTax not having the proper updates one of the two I’m not exactly sure now I’m so frustrated with it. I’ve asked over and over and still not got an answer. 

North Carolina forms (including the main Form D-400) are not yet finalized and available for efiling.   Projected availability date is 2/24/2022, according to the availability tables:

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

If you wish, you can efile the Federal return now (if all your Fed forms are available) and efile the NC state return later.  To do that, you would need to temporarily change the filing method for the state return and tell TurboTax that you intend to "mail" the state return.  Then when the state forms are available you can switch the method back to efile.

EFile Transmission Error

Ive had problems with turbotax for 3 years now. Between over charges, poor customer service, Paying for tax help, and still not getting it, and now, not even able to file state or federal, I've had it.
I'm filing in Georgia. Nothing special, just Transmission failed. 
over, and over, and over, and over and over.
Customer service on twitter said clear cookies. which I already did. 

nothing.

Then after about an hour or two, they finally responded again, and said "call customer service"
like that isnt wtf Im already doing.
"Live chat agent" that we pay for, Non existant.

Next line is FAQ, 

then customer service.

then customer service.

then customer service.

then customer service.

back to FAQ,

then customer service.

Twitter says "file for free til feb 15"
But nobody can seem to get anything filed.

This company is crooked.

sm151
Returning Member

EFile Transmission Error

I am having the same problem in NC. I'm trying to e file my 2021 North Carolina State tax. I'm getting the below message: "The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available - Turbo Tax is not ready to process Tax Year 2021 for this return". 

I thought efile opened on January 24, 2022. I've checked my software for updates as well. Are we not able to efile the state tax yet for tax year 2021?

This is ridiculous and I have already paid to efile my state.

EFile Transmission Error

Appreciate it. Makes sense now..Wonder why it let me finish up state? Hopefully it goes through after that date.

EFile Transmission Error

I'm in North Carolina and am having the same exact issue. I was getting ready to get on the phone to someone to try to find out what's going on until I found that someone else had the same problem. Thanks for you post

bmakla

EFile Transmission Error

Like its easy to go in and change status to select paper filing for my NC State part.  I have entered my crap 4 times then get ready to submit and boom, rejected.  I may be IT illiterate but this is first year I recall that if I wanted to edit or change something, I could select specific pages to edit.  Now you select section and it throws you to where you last stopped.  This is BS.  Don't ask for my review, you don't want it.

EFile Transmission Error

Also from NC with the same problem.  Very frustrating and considering another tax program next year.  It has been very difficult to communicate with TurboTax and get a response.

EFile Transmission Error

@LakotaMarine wrote:

Also from NC with the same problem.  Very frustrating and considering another tax program next year.  It has been very difficult to communicate with TurboTax and get a response.

The North Carolina Individual Income Tax Return Form D-400 is not yet available for e-filing.  It is estimated to be available on 02/24/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for North Carolina state forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_nc_online_individual.html

If you want to e-file your federal tax return now then change how you file the NC state return.  This assumes that all of the forms and schedules included in your federal tax return are available for e-filing.

If using the TurboTax online editions click on File on the left side of the online program screen.  On Step 3 of the File section click on Start or Revisit.  Select the button File by Mail.  Then change the filing status of the state return.

After the federal return is e-filed and accepted by the IRS you can e-file the state return when it is available for e-filing.  Just use the same procedure and change the state return back to e-filing.

tomasjm

EFile Transmission Error

having the same transmission error my state is north carolina. todays date is 2/15/22 . i've already paid my filing fee. I also checked for updates and my software is up to date. 

Jer7163
Returning Member

EFile Transmission Error

Hello,

i am receiving an error when i am trying to E-file my taxes.  everything has been submitted correctly and is correct but when i try to submit i receive an error stating that the internet connection appears to be offline.  We've experienced a technical hiccup.  I have internet access to other sites that are working fine.  why would i not be able to submit my taxes?  

My taxes are for Pennsylvania.  Is there an issue with Pa tax submissions?  

Please respond.

Thanks

EFile Transmission Error

It makes you wonder though. I've used turbo tax for 7yrs now & this is the first encounter with them I've had a huge issue with. Look at everything going on in the world. The government probably doesn't have are funds, they're giving it all away. 

mrpmoran

EFile Transmission Error

I am incredibly frustrated. I read that if I set it up for federal to be e-file and state to be done later at another date that I could go ahead and process my return. I'm incredibly frustrated because I already paid for the services, it has been taken out of my account, but I cannot file my return. I was counting on my return for my wedding in April. I need to know how long this is actually going to take to fix the transmission cannot be completed error so that people can file?

EFile Transmission Error

I am having the same issue.  Not from RI but from North Carolina.  Error message is identical.  I have been able to e-file my federal separate from my state but e-file fails when attempting the state.  Have paid the $20.  Have tried a number of times over the last several days with no success.  Even when the issue is solved, I would expect a refund if for nothing more than the inconvenience that this error has caused.  Hopefully fixed soon!

tperdieu

EFile Transmission Error

I am having this same error when filing Federal and North Carolina taxes.  Is this an issue that is going to be resolved?

EFile Transmission Error

@tperdieu wrote:

I am having this same error when filing Federal and North Carolina taxes.  Is this an issue that is going to be resolved?

Some NC forms (including the main Form D-400) are not yet finalized and available for efiling.   Projected availability date is 2/24/2022, according to the availability tables:

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

If you wish, you can efile the Federal return now (if all your Fed forms are available) and efile the NC state return later.  To do that, you would need to temporarily change the filing method for the state return and tell TurboTax that you intend to "mail" the state return.  Then when the state forms are available you can switch the method back to efile.

If you need to check on Federal forms:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies