turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ZMcM

Editing Email Address

The edit option is not available when I go to Intuit Account to change my email address.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Editing Email Address

When you log in, choose  "Intuit Account" in the left column.   Then choose "Sign In and Security."  On the screen called Sign In Info, on the line that displays your email address, click on your email address.  Do you get a popup?   If nothing happens, is there an arrow on the right side of the email address?  If so, click that little arrow..   A popup should appear to enter and confirm an email address and then SAVE.  It will also ask for your password for security.

ZMcM

Editing Email Address

I do not get a pop up.  When I click on the arrow, a box comes up saying "we will use this email address to help you sign in if you forget your password."

Editing Email Address

@ZMcM wrote:

I do not get a pop up.  When I click on the arrow, a box comes up saying "we will use this email address to help you sign in if you forget your password."

I get that message on the popup, but it also 3 data fields to provide and confirm the email address and enter the password.

What browser are you using?    If you have a second browser, try a different one to see if that makes a difference.

ZMcM

Editing Email Address

I use Google Chrome.  At your suggestion, I tried Firefox.  Same results.

Editing Email Address

Sorry, I don't know know why it's not letting you change it.    If you don't get any other suggestions in this forum, here's how to phone TurboTax Support during business hours.

Please report back in this thread how they had you solve it, and it might help someone else.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

You can use this contact form to get an incident number and phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

ZMcM

Editing Email Address

Thank you.  I will certainly try that.

ZMcM

Editing Email Address

Thank you for your help.  I actually tried again this morning using your original suggestion.  It worked today Who know why after all those tries, but I am just thankful you were able to help me.  Thanks, again!

Editing Email Address

@ZMcM wrote:

Thank you for your help.  I actually tried again this morning using your original suggestion.  It worked today Who know why after all those tries, but I am just thankful you were able to help me.  Thanks, again!

Good news!  You're welcome.   I'm glad you could do it, but I can't explain why it wasn't working for you before.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies