Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-File no longer available

I'm getting a refund.  I was hoping to file through E-file but I just saw that apparently, they wouldn't take it because the e-file closed down on 10/15.  Why would they make the due date on October 17 if they were going to cut that off to people?  I lost 2 days of working on this because I was sick.  Please no lectures.  I got behind in 2018 when I had a bad car accident and I've never been able to get caught back up on Quicken entries and tax stuff.  I just didn't understand it and wanted to see if paper filing is the only way to get it done.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@ PBMom wrote:

I'm getting a refund.  I was hoping to file through E-file but I just saw that apparently, they wouldn't take it because the e-file closed down on 10/15.  Why would they make the due date on October 17 if they were going to cut that off to people?  I lost 2 days of working on this because I was sick.  Please no lectures.  I got behind in 2018 when I had a bad car accident and I've never been able to get caught back up on Quicken entries and tax stuff.  I just didn't understand it and wanted to see if paper filing is the only way to get it done.  

You should still be able to efile.   The message that efiling was closed after "10/15" was due to a programming error in the desktop software.   Efiling is indeed still open, and the deadline is 10/17.

TurboTax became aware of this message error early on Sunday morning and released an update to the software.

Be sure to download the latest program update, and hopefully, it should get rid of that error message.

View solution in original post

I'm so used to it automatically updating things when I open the program so that didn't even occur to me that maybe I was missing something in the program.  I'll be sure going forward I will check each time I go in to use it.  I got the update; it worked.  I'm glad I asked about it because I was going to print the return and my husband or I would have had to stand in line at the post office to be sure we took a picture of the dated stamp the postal service person would put on it, with my phone picture the proof of the time and date I was there.  

I just can't thank you enough.  Have a wonderful day.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@ PBMom wrote:

You should still be able to efile.   The message that efiling was closed after "10/15" was due to a programming error in the desktop software.   Efiling is indeed still open, and the deadline is 10/17.

TurboTax became aware of this message error early on Sunday morning and released an update to the software.

Be sure to download the latest program update, and hopefully, it should get rid of that error message.

I'm so used to it automatically updating things when I open the program so that didn't even occur to me that maybe I was missing something in the program.  I'll be sure going forward I will check each time I go in to use it.  I got the update; it worked.  I'm glad I asked about it because I was going to print the return and my husband or I would have had to stand in line at the post office to be sure we took a picture of the dated stamp the postal service person would put on it, with my phone picture the proof of the time and date I was there.  

I just can't thank you enough.  Have a wonderful day.  

You're welcome.   I'm glad it worked for you.  Good luck.

Hopefully, you'll hear soon if the efile was accepted by the IRS for processing.   Be aware that if an efiled return is rejected after it was timely efiled on or before October 17, one has until October 22 to make any corrections and either resubmit the efile or postmark and mail the rejected return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies