Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

E-File LLC Partnership return 1065

Thanks for the info YC. I did, just minutes ago, receive confirmation that NYS had accepted my IT-204.

I filed the 204-LL and fee thru the Turbo Tax Business of February 20, when I was prompted by the software.  Everything looked like it went thru but I haven't seen a withdraw from my checking yet.

Hopefully this isn't another bug in the software.

Has anyone else filed the 204-LL using the software?

I did not get the prompt for IT204LL for TY2022 so I did what others had done - manually printed and mailed.  I did attempt to make the payment on Turbtax Online (not via the downloaded software) on 3/5 but did not see cash withdrawn from bank.  I think if it's safe to assume that if NYS wants money, it will be deducted fairly quickly.

You determined the form 8453-PE was not necessary for 2022 Business tax returns. Is the form necessary for 2023 Business tax returns? 

I followed all instructions to print, sign, make a pdf copy of the signed Form 8453-PE, and uploaded it to my LLC Partnership return. My TT Business software is up to date.  I have no error messages. The Electronic Filing Instructions for my 2023 Federal Tax Return states I “have signed Form 8453-PE and it was attached to the electronic file. No other signature document is needed.”

However, when I pulled up Form 8453-PE on the preview, it shows the unsigned Form 8453-PE that I previously printed to sign.  

Form 8453-PE is the e-File Declaration form that must be signed. You may have inadvertently uploaded an unsigned copy. Before you e-file your return, I would redo that section and re-upload a signed copy of the Form 8453-PE. I have already e-Filed my return so I am not able to provide the steps for you but maybe in Turbo tax go back to that section by searching for the form number and follow the guided instructions. 

One recommendation is when you sign and scan the document with your signature, give the file a name that says mayme "signed-signature" so that you don' confure which file to upload and can select the correct one.

Hope this helps

I did the upload several times, gave it a name with "signed", and it showed that the correct file was being uploaded.  

Does your saved copy of your filed return have the signed copy of the 8453-PE?

I’ll check tomorrow morning and respond. I am not at my office currently.

PaulaM
Expert Alumni

There won't be a signed copy of your uploaded Form 8453-PE in your forms list or the print preview. The signed copy is the paper one you have. Just keep for your records. Also recommend you save a copy with all the worksheets, not just the tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I verified with my last 3 years of the filing and the saved copy of the taxes will not show the signed one. This is not a problem and that is the way it is as long as you followed Turbo Tax instructions with printing signing and uploading the signed one. Your saved file will not show the signed copy. You are good.

If you click the tab "Tool" => "attachments" you can view the signed file that is submitted with your taxes.

Interesting.  I had moved the document from my desktop to a folder so it couldn't find it until I moved it back.

I think the software says to click "attachment" in the upper right hand corner, which isn't there. When I talked to the TT agent, we went to Forms in the upper right, selected the 8453-PE, and it showed 2 tabs.  I think she said indicated it was attached but won't show the signed copy.  She apparently wasn't aware of the  "Tool" => "attachments" option.

Thanks  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies