turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

asleeman
Returning Member

E-File LLC Partnership return 1065

I am having the exact same problem with a 1065 LLC return, and I am also a New York filer.  Were you able to successfully e-file the 1065 separate from the NY return?

asleeman
Returning Member

Hi PatricaV, I am having the exact same problem as referenced in this thread (can't efile 1065 LLC return for 2022).  The responses here are two weeks old and there is a potential solution mentioned it is not clear that the solution fixed the problem.  Can you let me know if the efile the state and federal returns separately approach works?

Thanks,

asleeman

Yes, you should be able to file your Federal by itself and that works. NYS partnership eFile won’t be ready until 3/10 or 3/11 per Turbo Tax.

TurboTax did a very poor job of letting people know the real problem with filing the NY State return. The error message left you to believe you had something wrong with your file when in fact Turbo Tax had not received approval to file in NY. Very bad and a big waste of everyone’s time. You are right a free download at a minimum is in order together with an apology to all those having this problem.

Yes almost everyone here is able to file their Federal 1065, but not their NY return.  I recommend you at least get squared away with the federal.  TurboTax estimates NY forms will be available 3/10, however they've been shifting it out one week each week since early February.  Very disappointing.

The problem with filing for NY has not been solved as of 3/6.  Most of the people in this thread have successfully filed their federal 1065 but still cannot e-file their NY return.  I just filed for an extension with NY just in case.

I find it incredibly frustrating that for online help, TurboTax dumps you into these forums, with no involvement from them.  We are all having the some issue with NY.  It is not clear if it is TurboTax's fault or NYS's fault.  However, the failure to communicate with us or respond to the issue is on TT.  

Unacceptable and I will be looking for different tax software next year.

mmuil

It is March 6th and I still cannot file my NY State Partnership return which is due on the 15th of March.  Please advise!!

PattiCuz

I am still unable to transmit my Form 1065 after following and trying all messages in the thread. 

I sent the return to an agent. The token number is 1089653

PattiCuz

Now Turbo Tax is saying NYS partnership available for e-file on 3/10!!!! That's ridiculous with it due on 3/15. 

Fix this turbo tax

rymphrd61
Returning Member

Cannot e-file New York  state  1065. Need help 

I am having the EXACT same problem. I WAS able to file my Federal 1065 with the form 8453-PE attached. But it will not let me e-file the NY state return. What is going on? 

GlennieA

I just tried to e-file my NY State 1065 return AFTER successfully e-filing my federal. And it is still giving me the same message that it cannot e-file. It appears based on the other having the same problem that the form 8453-PE is not supported for e-filing by your software??? 

We cannot send a paper copy of the return as e-filing is REQUIRED by New York. Why has this problem with the form 8453-PE not been fixed yet? Based on the other messages in this stream, this has been a known problem for a very long time.  I spent a LOT of money on Turbo Tax Federal and STATE software and now I can't e-file it??

I've been using Turbo Tax for many many years and swear by it. But now I'm very disappointed that this has not been rectified yet.

Please let me know how to proceed with e-filing my NY State Tax Return please!

Problem is Turbo Tax eFile for NYS partnership won’t be ready until 3/10 or 3/11. Nothing you’re doing wrong. Just wait until 3/10 or 3/11 then do an update to Turbo Tax and try again. Everyone is in the same boat including myself. 3/10 or 3/11 date has changed a few times and kept getting pushed back and now it’s 3/10 or 3/11 based on info from turbo tax state form availability tables so hang tight until then and try after that date. Yes it is cutting it close. Turbo Tax has failed miserably on their communication or lack there of on this issue.

Problem is Turbo Tax eFile for NYS partnership won’t be ready until 3/10 or 3/11. Nothing you’re doing wrong. Just wait until 3/10 or 3/11 then do an update to Turbo Tax and try again. Everyone is in the same boat including myself. 3/10 or 3/11 date has changed a few times and kept getting pushed back and now it’s 3/10 or 3/11 based on info from turbo tax state form availability tables so hang tight until then and try after that date. Yes it is cutting it close. Turbo Tax has failed miserably on their communication or lack there of on this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies