Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

e-file error message even after file was accepted

same here and turbotax scammed me out of $219 with the Turbotax live premium which i never used and was not removable

Thank you for the suggestion to check details at the bottom of the TurboTax Home page. It does indeed give a timestamp for "Received by IRS", which is some measure of peace of mind, even though I also got the same error as everyone else on this thread.

This is what we get for paying $200-$300. 

Jaxs_3

Same here! Of course they also already charged me. I wonder if it’s a software glitch?

I got that message when I submitted my return at 9:45PM CST.  By 10:30 PM CST, I finally got an email from Intuit that my returns had been filed, and are now pending with the IRS.    Says average response from IRS for acceptance is 2 days.  Regardless, seems to be just an overload on Intuit's side.  Would appreciate a different message though, that's for sure. 

Nikkkki

• Same thing 
Nikkkki

Super frustrating Just finished mine

Nikeboi09
Returning Member

I had to battle going back and forth, deleting cookies and cache, and finally was able to get a 20& discount through one of their sites. Never again.

Pranay

Were you able to see your state return received timestamp as well? I only see it for IRS Federal received time but not for state filing. 

brookggs

remind me to never use this website again please and thank you

Wander1
Returning Member

I have the same issue but when I look at the file status is says received by IRS April 16, 12:02am. I am in California and it was 9:02pm. WTF. Does this mean it’s considered late? 

Subtle reminder....

I was charged already. I pressed transmit taxes. It says on the main page Federal and pending for 4/15/24 however above this message it has an error message: "Oops-an issue occurred. Please check back shortly." The bottom of the page by tax returns it says "Pending 4-15-24 Filed Federal Tax Return."  I never received a text or email. I have no idea whether it is actually filed due to the error message. Turbo Tax please have your tech support provide some answers because customers do not know what is going on. 

Same just got off the phone with one of the support people and she said that we got it fixed but I still see that error showing. 

Same problem. Live expert is useless. They want you to call them and wait for an hour to speak someone

lailie21
Returning Member

I am in Washington and I got the same question. The e-file status said it was receive by IRS April 16 1AM EDT - but it was April 15 10 pm PDT when I submitted it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies