Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SamIAm180

During the Federal Review, I accidentally typed in the wrong address for one of the Charities it asked me to complete. How do I get back to that form and edit the address

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

During the Federal Review, I accidentally typed in the wrong address for one of the Charities it asked me to complete. How do I get back to that form and edit the address

Here is how to get back to that interview page:

• From the left menu, select
  • Federal>Deductions & Credits>Donations to Charity in 2019.
  • Click Edit/Add
  • Scroll to your donation and click Edit

SamIAm180

Thanks, but that doesn't get me to any area where I can edit the address of the Charity.  When I did the federal review, part of TurboTax, it actually showed me pdf versions of the tax forms, and had me fill in the addresses there. I thought it was asking me about a different charity, so I accidentally typed in the wrong address.  When I just go back, as you're suggesting, to the donations area, the edit area doesn't have any place for address. Any other thoughts?

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Only if the donation is over $500 will you be shown/need to enter an address.  What you will want to do to update is "Edit" the donation and change the amount to something over $500 and that will present you with an opportunity to add/update an address.  Then you can go back and change the amount back to the original number.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SamIAm180

This might work for cash donations, but mine was a Stock donation, and it was over $500, but there was no option to enter an address. I got through to Intuit support, and they said that I could only edit the actual return/PDF part if I had the desktop software, but can't do that with the online version. He said I should just delete the entry and re-enter it, and when you do the review again, it'll ask to complete the address. This is what I did, and that worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies