turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

During review keeps telling me "check this entry"

During the review process it took me to a couple places that needed to be checked. In the first case, the complaint was clearly correct, and I adjusted the value. I can't convince it to accept the other value. It says, "blah blah blah does not equal 104." The value it presents me with is 104. When I scroll through the form, the value is 104. I've tried just hitting Continue. I've retyped the value it presented. Every time I return to the review process it fails to be happy with that one value.

What gives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are you trying to correct the entry on the review screen? Instead, go back to the section of the TurboTax interview where you originally entered this number, and see if you can change it there.

Yes, but it's already 104 in the relevant section. That's the rub. It tells me it's not 104, inserts 104 into the text field (presumably pulling that value from the section), and then wants me to change it to 104. It's as if there is a floating point rounding error and the 104 I see on the screen is not strictly equal to the 104 I originally inserted into the form.

104 is my new least favorite number. 😕

At this point, you may want to contact TurboTax support: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies