turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Downloading Robin Hood stock transactions, made too many sales.. wont fully download? what do i do now?

too many stock sales at robinhood and Turbo Tax been trying for three days to download them all.. what do i do now?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Downloading Robin Hood stock transactions, made too many sales.. wont fully download? what do i do now?

You may have to make manual entries. 

Here's where you enter your 1099-B in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) your return if it isn't already open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1099-B and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? If you see Here's the info we have for these investment sales, select Add More Sales.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B or brokerage statement for these sales?
  5. At Let's get your tax info, choose type it in yourself.
  6. Follow the instructions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

or use form 8453 check the box 8949.  then you can enter summary totals for the various lines on schedule D thru the 8949 worksheet,  after the return is accepted, you then mail the 8453 and 1099-B report from your broker to the IRS.  read the filing instructions on the second page of the form 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8453.pdf

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont waste your time. Its total garbage. You'll end up being forced in an infinite death spiral of manual keying dates in that will never resolve in TT because the Robinhood upload is not structured correctly. Worst of all TT is sooo F-ing slow with too many click throughs you'll have to take a day off of work just to sit there and wait for their horrific UI to cycle because they make you page through all your transactions to edit them rather than putting them all on one infinite scrolling page. Its truly one of the worst user experiences imaginable and aligns very well with the newly minted reputation of Robinhood, who has defamed their very own meaning of their name.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies