Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roman1

Do I need to mail Hawaii INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX PAYMENT VOUCHER (N-200V) , I already paid when e-filed, Turbotax says yes, the form itself says it is no longer required.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

Do I need to mail Hawaii INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX PAYMENT VOUCHER (N-200V) , I already paid when e-filed, Turbotax says yes, the form itself says it is no longer required.

If you paid your tax liability through direct debit at time of filing, I see no reason to mail the voucher. This is not a common practice for any state that I am aware of.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ashby

If you paid your tax liability through direct debit at time of filing, I see no reason to mail the voucher. This is not a common practice for any state that I am aware of.

roman1

Understood. Thank you!
bpkuo

I have the same question and the reason that I'm confused is that on Form N-11, the bank account information I entered during eFiling is not captured on the tax return form.  It seems Form N-11 only records the bank account info for refund purpose if one chooses to do direct deposit. After eFiling has completed, TurboTax then stated the filing is not completed and asked to print N-200V.  According to some articles posted on TurboTax forum, some states do not support direct debit for the tax return payment yet.  It's not clear if HI state is one of them.  It would be appreciated if someone can confirm that direct debit has taken place successfully after eFiling.  Thanks.
roman1

I can confirm that it works 100%, have been paying my taxes using direct debit in HI for the past 8 years 🙂  You will see something like "HAWAII DOTAX DOTAX PMT [YOUR NAME]" in the list of your transactions on your bank's web site. A federal tax payment will look something like this "IRS USATAXPYMT [YOUR NAME]".
bpkuo

Great. Thank you for the confirmation.

I called the State of Hawaii Department of Taxation today and they told me that despite what the TurboTax software says, the Form N-200V is only required to be mailed in when sending a check to them for Hawaii income taxes due. 

The customer service rep I spoke with said if the Hawaii state income tax direct debit tax payment is successfully deducted from my bank account for my TurboTax e-Filed tax return, there is no need to send in the Form N-200V. 

If for any reason the direct debit tax payment to Hawaii doesn't happen, then the Form N-200V should be mailed in with a check for the amount of the tax payment due.

bkmoore

Mahalo Mauka for calling them and posting this information! I was wondering the same thing. TurboTax has made it kinda confusing this year, I sure don't want to pay twice! If need be, you can pay also pay online at hitax.hawaii.gov

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies