Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Joshscriv

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

Hey I filed my taxes married filing jointly last year. I did not work for this year and my wife filed head of household. She received her stimulus check and the amount that would have been for me wasnt included. How do I fix this issue 

Majoraman
Returning Member

While I thank you for the answer, I don't believe this is the answer thousands of americans are looking for.

My question is simple, those of us who have not yet received a stimulus payment, but received a tax return on their Turbocard would like to know when the payment will be issued. Personally I have no pending deposits and have already received my state refund via Turbocard.

Furthermore we would like to know if the IRS has our Turbocard direct deposit information on file, as many are claiming the IRS does not have their Turbocard information. If the information has not been relayed correctly, or is only a person by person based problem it rests in Intuit to relay this information rather than sitting silent.

I do hope you can give me a clear and handwritten answer.

Unless you got your return on a turbo card how would they manage to do that? Also if you filed 2019, but its "processing or still processing" (for any length of time) and you either A) never filed 2018 return or B) were claimed as dependant adult or over income limits to qualify for stimulus based off your 2018 taxes : you will have to wait for your 2019 return to process. Try calling ther financial institution you got your refund scheduled to depot to and see if they have any info.  

Get payment tool

@Frizky88 wrote:

Get payment tool

Use this IRS website for stimulus payment status and to update your bank account - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

I appreciate the general information. However, I want a direct answer to my question, Where will my stimulus refund deposit? I provided my banking information when I submitted my 2019 taxes. I am redirected to IRS website which has insisted the information I am providing is not accurate and locks me out for 24 hours leaving me one shot every 24 hours to try and provide the same information (because its the only information I have to be correct) only to be locked out again without any refund deposit answers!!! ANOTHER WORDS I am going in circles but its taking me 24 hours to begin chasing my tail again. HELP HELP HELP!! No human phone contact from IRS or TURBO in the meantime my family starves???!!!

That is a unique answer I dont believe any of us thought of that... right?  Called and Called and guess what ?surprise no calls are being answered because we have no human staff due to the COVID-19!! 

I have a question I went to the IRS website put in my information and it says something about a payment on the 15th to one of my cards and then had to be the Intuit card I do have a rears are people that owe child support not getting a stimulus check why would it say it send it to a bank account but I have lost my Intuit card so I ordered another one it got here today but the money is not on it can someone help me

This is my exact scenario too! Relieved to know it’s not just me

I'm in your exact same situation @Luvly161671 , I keep trying to update the information but I get locked out because the information on the only tax return I've ever filed seems to not match IRS's records... which shouldn't be attributed to it not being processed, since I filed in January.

My stimulus check is being off set by back child support for my Hubby.  I have filed injured spouse on my taxes for 2019-(already and received my tax refund)  but now I need to file the form for injured spouse again per the website.  

1 How do I fill out the form since this is for the stimulus check?

2 Can I file it electronically via the Turbo Tax website again, since I E- filed with Turbo Tax already ?  If not what is the mailing address that my original taxes sent too? 

lizzy8865
Returning Member

In not getting my stimulus check because irs us saying they cant verify my information. 2-3 weeks ago I file my 2019 tax return thru turbo tax and recieved my small refund so they have my direct deposit info but I'm not getting a check and cant find any way to fix this

lizzy8865
Returning Member

I already know I'm eligible but how am I supposed to know what the irs cant verify in order for me to get my stimulus check if I cant reach them and the info they have is from what I provided turbo tax when filing my taxes

jd70087

oops i didn't mean to reply to that one post, i meant to reply to the whole thread. my b

jd70087

The IRS site claims my check was deposited to an account that I do not recognize, and that it is too late to change the deposit information. I know they got my information through turbotax and I have already received this year's refund through turbotax. Did turbotax provide the government with someone else's bank information? I googled this, and multiple news articles claim that this is a mistake on the side of turbotax because they have a temp bank account that they first deposit your refund into in order to deduct payment from it. How can I get my money?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies