Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

This website is compatible with Turbotax and will create a form for you to upload.

https://bitcoin.tax/blog/turbotax-online-bitcoin-tax-crypto-import-8949/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Coinbase csv file not compatible on turbotax? No Headers Found In This File error?

Not working, still saying that we need headers, tried multiple formats, only 171 transactions listed. 

It seems that is exactly what they are doing. they want us to pay more for their **bleep**ty programs instead of just clearing asking and providing what they need.

If they do not fix this soon we should just boycott turbotax premier.

Jtsinger

I've gone through this every year for the last three at least. It has been exactly the same issue and the same broken responses. Good luck.

Another frustrated user here with the same problem.  This is my first year dealing with crypto...and Turbotax for that matter.  Coinbase says I have 100+ transactions (buys, sells, conversions, staking rewards...do those even count?)  Is this the first year this problem has occurred?  If this whole conundrum wasn't meant to scam people into buying a separate, properly formatted 3rd party csv file, then who needs to hear about the problem to get it fixed?  This all seems like it could be completely avoidable.   

same error, any news?

If this problem occurred in the past and TurboTax never fixed it I doubt that it will not be resolved this year. 

Shall we start a class action against TurboTax on this matter? 
There are hundreds of reply on this thread and I’m sure there are hundreds watching this discussion. 

Is there anyone here with legal background to help us looking into a class action? 
or shall we start a discord group? 

Thanks 

Why do we have to pay for another service when Coinbase suggested TurboTax explicitly stating compatibility? This is supposed to be compatible. Outraged. I agree with the above comment. Is this not some form of false advertising?

Adding my name to the list of users who are trying to upload their .csv doc from coinbase only to get an error message. 

Please fix this issue so I can get on with filing my taxes. 

rb2492

Same issue here, can't complete my taxes until this is fixed.

Just a few days ago Coinbase send out an email stating how easy taxes will be and that they partnered with TurboTax... what a lie! Seems they now want you to pay for CoinTracker too, but it's not clear if that actually works either?

"Tax season is here — and while crypto taxes may seem complicated, we’ve got you covered with helpful tips, account tools, and filing solutions to get you ready for the April 15 deadline.

File for less with TurboTax
Save $15 on TurboTax Premier , which easily handles cryptocurrency gains and losses reporting when you upload your CoinTracker report."

accointing.com  If you have 500 transactions or less I suggest checking out the site. It's way cheaper than Cointracker.

Honestly probably worth checking out some of the alternatives... I've had great success with CryptoTrader.Tax

Gore2

This really has been broken for years now...

As of Feb 20th 2021, I am also recieving a "No Headers Found In This File" error for my CoinBase CSV file. Just received all the tax forms I need to file as of yesterday and am working on my taxes starting now. This is very frustrating as I encountered this 2 weeks ago and was passively hoping TurboTax would have had a resolution for this by now. The template "Expert" replies which offer inaccurate solutions really makes me laugh. Get your software fixed or I will go to HR Block next week.

Does it work on HR Block?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies