Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

Charles Schwab released their tax forms and I also have 3rd party enabled for TurboTax on their site.

But when I try to import Charles Schwab forms Turbo Tax Premier (desktop -mac) shows this message below in the screen "Sign on to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc"  before even prompting me to enter my login info. There's nothing wrong with internet connection and I am able to import other forms. Please let me know what I may be missing. Thank you.

"This import was unsuccessful.

We recommend you check your internet connection and try again. If we still can't get your info, don't worry. We'll help you enter it manually so you can keep working on your taxes."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

i had the same problem earlier today. i went to schwab.com, changed my schwab online password, then logged back in to schwab to be sure i saw my 1099 forms were available, then exited turbotax, fired turbotax back up, and started the process to import from them again.  it worked after that. good luck.

View solution in original post

248 Replies

i had the same problem earlier today. i went to schwab.com, changed my schwab online password, then logged back in to schwab to be sure i saw my 1099 forms were available, then exited turbotax, fired turbotax back up, and started the process to import from them again.  it worked after that. good luck.

Thank you. It worked now!

I get the identical message "Login is temporarily unavailable" even when I put in an invalid user id. This indicates it is not even reaching the login process. 

kp34

I am having the same problem. Login is temporarily unavailable. 

I have always been able to import with no problem. This is aggravating!

Login is temporarily unavailable.”

Not letting me login to Schwab site either. Fix this asap TurboTax, I paid for your service to be able to file. 

Same problem here - very frustrating.......

Same problem. I got the unsuccessful message. I shut down TT and restarted it. This time I got a different message saying login not available. 

_Kris_
Returning Member

Same here: "login temporarily unavailable." Tried every day since Friday, probably two dozen times or more. Just once I got it to accept the login credentials, then it timed out during 2-factor-authorization phase.

Further info.  Called TT and spent time explaining the problem.  They, of course, say it must be a Schwab issue - tried to call Schwab but, markets are closed today.  Doubt it's an issue on their side however.  I have several brokerage accounts - all work except for Schwab.  Also, when I try to download Schwab I get a pop-up from Intuit asking me to sign-in, then a pop up screen asking me to enter my Schwab credentials.  Neither of these two screens appear with my other brokerage account nor have they ever appeared in past years of filing with Turbo-tax.

I believe Schwab made significant changes in how they let others connect to schwab.com. There were many problems for Quicken users. They eventually got everything working, but I suspect the changes Schwab made are what is now impacting TurboTax.

waddyhead

Don't be upset that you could not login to Schwab. When you are able to access your docs (1099s), the TurboTax program does not read the fields and transfer all the info from the Schwab forms. Get ready for using the "Review" and "Edit" buttons on the program.

GEC44

Same problem. Spent about an hour on phone with Schwab folks last Friday. Was finally able to download okay yesterdayl But Turbo Tax was not working properly & needed to download again. But, same problem as last week saying Not working at this time;; try later or  call customer service. 

Same thing is happening for me. Can NOT LOG INTO SCHWAB. VERY FRUSTRATING. 

mamarks

Thankfully the guidance above worked for me and I am now able to download my Schwab account records for TurboTax. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies