turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

xyz123456

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

Happened to me.  I quit Turbo tax and opened again.   It then requested on online intuit account to load bank info.  I created that and then loading Schwab worked fine.

I'm having the same issue. Super frustrating. I also hate that I had to log in to my Intuit account to then be able to log into my Schwab account.

Getting the "login isn't available" message. I did change my password at Schwab and it didn't do any good. 

The reason for the login to Intuit.com is to authenticate you so when you log in to schwab to download to TT, they know it is really you.

What guidance was that?  I have changed my Schwab password, rebooted and retried.  Still telling me login is not working.  Even better I can't access the "Cancel" button from the login screen so need to force quite TurboTax.

gvalentini
Returning Member

I am getting the same error message that "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support"

I can login to Schwab directly with no issues.  And have also rebooted. Looks like I will need to manually enter into TurboTax, unless someone has a fix

I still question why TT needs to "verify" my identity.  That will occur when I log onto Schwab.

I also question why I would need to change my Schwab user name in order to complete the download process. This seems totally ridiculous.  If I can't download, then that eliminates a reason to purchase TT.

gec441
Returning Member

Tried again this morning (Tuesday, Feb 23rd) and it all worked!

Yep, same here.  Works now.  

I finally was able to log onto my Schwab account and download successfully without having to change my username.  Apparently, this is required if one previously provided their log on information to TT; otherwise, no need to change your current username.

It seems that it took the weekend for Schwab and TT to recognize each other.  At least now I can save some time and not have to enter transactions manually - although I still will double-check to confirm accuracy.

I hope others have similar success!

Yes - I too was able to do it this morning.  Must have been an issue with Schwab as there was no update to the client TT software this morning.   Had to go thru several authorization screens that were clearly created by Schwab.  A cynic would read them and say that Schwab had some data security issues with TT downloads and the lawyers got involved.  Anyway - happy it works - but - they never should have released software to the public with a bug of this magnitude in it. 

Totally agree!

Still not able to download Schwab 1099 form data. Getting message “unable to sign you into TurboTax Cloud. Please check your sign on and try again.”

k

The issue seems to have reared its ugly head again.  After connecting early today, I'm suddenly unable to connect to Schwab.

Still not working on Mac. I opened a case with Schwab. They acknowledge there is a problem but not fix yet. 

Horrible experience this year. Any alternate income tax solutions ? Thinking about it for 2022.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies