turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you help me with with redundMtaxes were rejected due to my AGI from 2018 not matching what the IRS has and I can't get my 2018 AGI

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Can you help me with with redundMtaxes were rejected due to my AGI from 2018 not matching what the IRS has and I can't get my 2018 AGI

Where do I find my AGI?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

Your 2018 tax return shows your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) If you filed a joint return then the AGI is the same for each of you.

Form 1040        line 7

If you are using the same TT account that you used last year, you should also be able to find this number in your Tax Timeline for 2018

If entering the amount from your 2018 tax return does not work, then try entering “0” instead.  If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

You can get a free transcript of your past return from the IRS: 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Note: If you filed late or amended your return, your correct 2018 AGI may not be in the system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Note:  If you mail your federal return, you will also need to mail your state return.  You will not be able to e-file your state return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3415597-what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-getting-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lps04
Returning Member

The 2018 AGI is correct and I've had the return rejected several times. my wife died in January 2019

and the AGI is asking for her 2018 AGI when we filed jointly in 21018

So sorry for your loss.  In this situation you will need to print, sign and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lps04
Returning Member

my deceased had a small amount of income in 2019 so I am again filing a joint return 

lps04
Returning Member

will the filing fee for my south carolina return be refunded since I won't be e filing

Yes---

Very sorry for your loss.  For the year that your spouse died, you can still file a joint return.  That way, you will get the married filing jointly standard deduction of $24,400 (+ $1300 for each spouse 65 or older) which will lower the amount of income you are taxed on.

In My Info, you will need to indicate that your spouse died. When his name is in My Info,  there is a screen early in the interview that asks "Do any of these apply to [name] ?’” where you will do that, and then a drop down will appear where you can enter the date he passed.

If you have dependent children still living at home, you will be able to file as a qualified widow for the next two years after this tax return.  Post back if you need further help.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4149272-i-heard-that-the-federal-qualifying-widow-er-requirements-...

lps04
Returning Member

why do I need to send 1099s with the south carolina return and not with the federal return. We are 

retired and have no w-2s.

lps04
Returning Member

thank you. I did post that my wife had died

When you mail a tax return--even the federal return -- you are supposed to attach copies of W-2's or 1099's that show tax withheld.

lps04
Returning Member

the turbo tax instructions for mailing the federal return did not say to include 1099s, only the

instructions for the state return? 

lps04
Returning Member

because of this AGI situation, will I be able to use turbo tax next year?

Whenever you mail a federal Form 1040 you are supposed to include a copy of any 1099 that shows tax withheld.

lps04
Returning Member

OK, thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies