Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JP36
Level 2

Can't close turbo tax 2019 on iMac. Doesn't appear in force quit listing. Icon remains active on task bar. Any help is appreciated

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can't close turbo tax 2019 on iMac. Doesn't appear in force quit listing. Icon remains active on task bar. Any help is appreciated

Remain "active" meaning the applications is running (has a little up arrow under the icon) or is just in the task bar?

If just in the task bar then that is a Mac feature.  If you don't want it there then click on the icon, select option and uncheck "keep in dock" - or just click and hold and drag it to the desktop and it will go poof...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
JP36
Level 2

Thank you so much Macuser22!  The application was just in the task bar.  

Your response was spot on!  I was also able to remove several other applications this way!

I’m not a very savvy Mac user so really appreciate your help.  

Use the top menu bar "Help -> Mac help" for the Dock and  other Mac features.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
JP36
Level 2

Hi Champ 

When i click on Help on the top menu bar while I am on this screen, I only get a dropdown for Safari help.

How do I get to the place where Help will get me to Mac help.

Again - thanks again for your assistance.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies