Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dyme0303

Can my parents claim me if I worked and made over 5000 dollars and I still reside at there residents

My friend lived wid her mom and she made over 5000 dollars and her mother told her she gone claim her when she said no ....can she do that  .....she doesn't want her mother to claim her .What can she do .will it be an audit if her mother do that
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Can my parents claim me if I worked and made over 5000 dollars and I still reside at there residents

Your parents can claim you if you are under the age of 24 and a full-time student and you don't provide more than half of your own support.

If you are 24 and a not a full time student, they can only claim you if your income is less than $4,050 for the year. 

Knguy7

Total **bleep**ing loophole. College kids work and can’t get more than 20+ hours a week. I can **bleep**ing be a patty flipper and live with mommy and get unemployment and stimulus check. Y’all got it twisted especially the person who commented. Stop agreeing with the norm. College students are a huge sector of economy, why would you not give unemployment to dependent college students when parents pay for their expenses but not all and they also work and pay for car, gas, food. I have to go live on my own and pay rent and put myself more into debt to be looked at as a independent and feds think that I don’t pay for **bleep**. **bleep** is Twisted and the **bleep** who commented “if they pay for half of your **bleep**”,  that’s outdated. Mommy isn’t the only one laying the bills down lady. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies