Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

@ sobsawrote:

please help! I am trying to help my dad do his taxes for 2020.  My mom passed away in 2021 and had an email account that is no longer in use, Can you sent the activation code to my email instead?  My name is Vicky Avants and y'all do my taxes also. my email is [email address removed]. thanks    

This is a public Internet forum.  For your privacy and security, please do not post personal info such as email address and phone number in this public forum.   This is mainly a user community forum.   TurboTax Support will not phone or email you from this forum, but no telling who could try to contact you and pretend to be from TurboTax or try to scam/spam you.   It looks like the forum privacy filter has removed your email address and phone number for your protection.

I assume you are referring to the 16-digit license activation code needed at the end of software installation to activate the product.  So did your mom purchase the software as a download but never retrieved the activation code in her emailed order confirmation or from inside the downloads area of her online account?

In any case, nothing account specific is handled in this user community forum.  Here's how to phone the folks at TurboTax Support for assistance with this matter:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Or you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I talk to someone about finding my activation code. Downloaded directly. Cannot find email or download.

I did a update of software and now it is  asking for activation code that I  unable to locate. So your help would ben greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

[name removed]

@MartySG1613  wrote:

I did a update of software and now it is  asking for activation code that I  unable to locate. So your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

What kind of software update?   A TurboTax routine software update?  Or a major upgrade such as moving from Windows 8 to Windows 10?

Do you have any USB device plugged in that wasn't present when you installed TurboTax, such as an external drive or printer?   If so, unplug the USB device from the computer, launch TurboTax and see if it still asks for the activation code.   Or it can also work the other way around:   if you had a USB device plugged in at the time of installation that's not present now, plug it back in to the computer.

Even if that was successful, you may wish to keep a copy of the activation code in a safe location in case you need it in the future.

• What did you originally purchase?   If you bought a CD in a retail store, the license code is on the CD sleeve or package insert.
  • If you bought a download from the TurboTax website, the license code should be in the Downloads section of your online account, as well as in the order confirmation email.
  • If you bought a download from Amazon, etc., you should be able to retrieve the license code in the digital downloads section of your Amazon account or confirmation email.
  • If nothing was successful,

Support Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
    https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

dml1105

need to find my activation code

@ dml1105 wrote:

need to find my activation code

What did you originally purchase and where?

•  If you bought a CD in a retail store, the license code is on the CD sleeve or package insert.
  • If you bought a download from the TurboTax website, the license code should be in the Downloads section of your online account, as well as in the order confirmation email.
  • If you bought a download from Amazon, you should be able to retrieve the license code in the digital downloads section of your Amazon account or confirmation email.

I purchased Intuit Turbotax Deluxe CD version to file 2020 returns. I downloaded and successfully updated the software. The activation code did not come with the packaging. I purchased from Amazon and the package came with a bar code. Thanks

I bought the CD version

I bought it from Amazon. I am a multi-year user of Turbotax and have also located and used the activation code. I have found the Amazon order and reviewed it. This is frustrating and need help

Bergmat

Can you help me find my activation code?

What did you originally purchase and where?

•  If you bought a CD in a retail store, the license code is on the CD sleeve or package insert.
  • If you bought a download from Amazon, you should be able to retrieve the license code in the digital downloads section of your Amazon account or confirmation email.

correct. I cannot locate the order history in my account. can you give me a path

the email it was sent to is no longer valid - so I need to get it via the account. I also need to update the email

odufua

Please, I need my activation code for the Turbox tax

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the link below to recover access to your account.  

Account Recovery Request

Once you have access to your account, please see the link below for steps on how to enter your code. 

How to enter your license code

@peterman_family

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies