Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marsuconn
Returning Member

Can I import last years return in the middle of filing this years tax in TurboTax Desktop?

I am using turbotax preimier. I am almost finished doing my taxes. Is it possible to now import last year's return which I did using TurboTax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I import last years return in the middle of filing this years tax in TurboTax Desktop?

You mean transfer in the 2021 data to the 2022 return?  No.   That transfer has to be done at the very beginning, before you enter any new 2022 information.  So....either clear and start over or live with the return as it is now.

How to transfer last year’s return? https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
marsuconn
Returning Member

Yes, thank you! Is it required enter 2021 tax file to complete 2022 return or to file ? 

No you are not required to transfer 2021.  If you do that in the beginning it saves you some data entry work and triggers helpful reminders regarding information you used in the prior year in case you have to enter that same information for 2022.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
sydneyrm

Yes, you can import last years taxes on your desktop version of Turbo Tax. Just enter your user name where it says Continue from Turbo Tax Online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies