Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rsd
Level 2

Can I go back and enter my stock sales individually if I already entered just the totals? I tried going back and I just get the Sales section total input area.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I go back and enter my stock sales individually if I already entered just the totals? I tried going back and I just get the Sales section total input area.

Yes, you can go back and change it.   The easiest thing to do is to just delete the entry you made with the totals, and then go through that section again.  Here's a shortcut to get back there, assuming you are entering from a 1099-B:

Log in, and at the top click on Search, then in the search line enter 1099-B without quotes.

Then choose "Jump to 1099-B".

It will likely show you a summary screen like the image below.

If you try to Edit it, it may just go through the Totals method again.

If it does, then instead of editing, click on the trashcan icon to completely delete it.   (see image)

Then go through that 1099-B interview again and choose to enter the separate sales.

delete_investment.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can go back and change it.   The easiest thing to do is to just delete the entry you made with the totals, and then go through that section again.  Here's a shortcut to get back there, assuming you are entering from a 1099-B:

Log in, and at the top click on Search, then in the search line enter 1099-B without quotes.

Then choose "Jump to 1099-B".

It will likely show you a summary screen like the image below.

If you try to Edit it, it may just go through the Totals method again.

If it does, then instead of editing, click on the trashcan icon to completely delete it.   (see image)

Then go through that 1099-B interview again and choose to enter the separate sales.

delete_investment.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies