turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I edit my tax return on turbotax if I printed and haven't sent it by mail? I didn't e-file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Can I edit my tax return on turbotax if I printed and haven't sent it by mail? I didn't e-file

Yes you can.

PG07
Level 1

Do you know how I can do this on my desktop?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To confirm, are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax for desktop? 

@PG07

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PG07
Level 1

Turbo tax online. I'm not using an app, etc.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

As long as you haven't submitted your tax return for e-filing, you can log back in to your account to edit. 

Sign back in to your account and from your Tax Home screen, you can choose a particular section to revisit for editing.  There's also a Search bar at the top of your return you can use to search and "jump to" a form or section of your tax return. 

PG07
Level 1

I can't seem to find this. For the status of my return it says : "Printed" and the date I printed. However, I don't see an option to edit.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Sign back in to your account and from your Tax Home screen, you can choose a particular section to revisit for editing.  There's also a Search bar at the top of your return you can use to search and "jump to" a form or section of your tax return.  I've attached a screenshot for reference.

PG07
Level 1

My account doesn't show this. It just shows the amount of money I owe and it states that it's ready to mail.

PG07
Level 1

It used to show this set up before I printed out my return

Login and scroll down and click on add a state to let you back into your return where you can make any corrections needed and complete the file tab again. Whatever you do, do not click on amend.

@PattiF 

If a poster says the return has been printed then your response was totally wrong. See my response for the correct way to break into a closed account.

PG07
Level 1

@Critter-3 Thank you so much!!! It worked!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies