Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I check AMT carryover amount from 10 yrs ago? It is sizable and believe to be an error. In 2018 getting sizable AMT credit and concerned it is inaccurate.

NNGAL,

I presume you were directing the question at me, but the way this site works, that is not exactly clear.

You wrote:

So how did this turn out? I went ahead and paid the amount requested on the audit letter for FY 2021 other than penalty. Waiting to see what happens next. 

My response:

Perhaps because I self reported the TT error by simply stating on my amended return "I determined I was not entitled to the AMT credit" that the IRS chose not to impose any penalty.  I paid the tax TT calculated for the years I amended (2019-2021 inclusive) with the amended returns and then received letters for interest due for each year.  I had no communication with the IRS involving penalties.

Can I check AMT carryover amount from 10 yrs ago? It is sizable and believe to be an error. In 2018 getting sizable AMT credit and concerned it is inaccurate.

I see this AMT error carryovers started at one point and continue happening , Turbo Tax kept quiet about it, until IRS red flagged it , send a notice and that’s how the Taxpayer became aware of it . As these posts indicate, it looks  like for some it originated on 2008-2009-2010 . Then 2018-2019-2020. First complaint in here was on 2021 for all these years. 

Where did you find out the AMT error on 2009? 

Did Turbo Tax Gold Seal 100 % Accuracy Guarantee paid for your interests and penalties? 

You have the right to make  a complaint to the Federal and State Consumer Protection Agencies   for “ business deceiving practices “ . For example: FTC, your State Attorney General , BBB etc. They will further investigate the matter and proceed accordingly. 

I see a lot of people with the same AMT issues on this board . 

It  is obvious it was not a tax preparer error  or CPA expert advice.  It was a  software error and was overlooked by Turbo Tax  Software Experts. 

Turbo Tax Gold Seal 100% Accuracy should start approving the claims and reimbursing everyone for the penalties and interest paid to IRS. And stop playing the “ hot potato “ technique of “ burning up the costumer.” So they give up. Or have a stroke or heart attack in the process. That’s an abuse to their costumers loyalty and gullibility trusting their LIFETIME 100% Accuracy .  
Obviously, the error was generated by the software not the self preparer. No body gas access to the 8801 . Only the software and its expert. 

Sounds like fraudulent business practices.

Why they refused to inform and pay? Because they will have to pay  millions in interest and penalties reimbursement to their clients, so they are just try it to burn you out , until you give up . 
 It looks life a case to investigate by the FTC and your State Attorney General. 

We’re you able to get into a class action sue? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies