turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

Okay thank you for responding and trying to help (: you’re awesome !! @Kurgan13 

rjauregui
Returning Member

What is the TIN # you used? Inputting mine doesn't take.

ee-ea
Level 15

rjauregui
Returning Member

I received less than $600. I did not get a 1099-misc form. However, I'm reporting my receipt of $350 in Turbo Tax by answering yes to the question if I got a 1099-misc. I can enter the amt in box 3 as $350, the payer as California State Franchise Tax Board & descriptive reason for this 1099-misc as "CA MCTR," but not the 9 digit payer federal id EIN number or TIN# as I don't have that. Does anyone know what that taxpayer id # is that's shown on the 1099-misc?

ee-ea
Level 15

RN4LIFE

Does anyone know the EIN number on the 1099-MISC? I have lost the form and there is no information online.

ee-ea
Level 15

I don’t think the irs tracking link work because I tracked it and it said processing check back mid February but my state was deposited yesterday lol so inaccurate tracking information 

ee-ea
Level 15

tok7tubo
Returning Member

Please help me!  Should I delete 1099-MISC (CA Middle Tax Refund) from my TurboTax, or should I leave it in TurboTax and e-file?  As we know that the CA Middle Tax Refund will not be taxable.  Thanks.

You can delete it and leave it off.

tok7tubo
Returning Member

Thank you for your quick reply!

tok7tubo
Returning Member

Thank you for getting back to me.  I deleted 1099-MISC (CA MCTR) from Federal enters; however, do I have to go to State (CA) "Other Adjustment to Income" and enter Description "CA MCTR" and Subtraction $700 (my refund amount)?

I checked my friend's H&R Block, and it appears that $700 (his refund) was subtracted from State Income which is a little higher refund.  Thank you.

No, do nothing on state.  It is not included in the federal income and AGI so you don't need to subtract it on California.  Your friend probably included it as taxable on federal.  He might have to amend to take it off federal.  You just need to start state over for it to update from federal.  

So I only claim my $350 on State and don’t do anything on federal ????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies