turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

iNohelpX7

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

I don't think they have fixed it yet even though there was a Jan 27 update.  Seems like the problem is for joint filers with no way to separate who the 1099 is for when it is made out to both.  Brilliant.  Last thing I heard was there was going to be an update Jan 27.  I've looked and I can't see any changes to the 1099.  Error check says it's ok but others say they are still getting rejected...so wait till Tuesday.  Good luck.

iNohelpX7

Never got the wait till Jan 30 update message.  Thanks I'll just wait.

Chair
Returning Member

What box do I type the mctr?

Dredog12

Pass this on please. Ok so I got the same message. I just deleted the 1099 misc and reentered the 1099 misc other income not self employed and it asked what applies to you and there should be a updated option to pick the mctr payment. Mine was now just accepted. 

Mine just got accepeted filing jointly

@Chair  both state and federal was accepted. I didn’t file jointly either so that’s incorrect ^ what that person said that it only works for joint filers. Delete the 1099 first then re enter it. Type it in the description box CA MCTR then hit continue it’s going to ask what that payment was for type CA MCTR In that box as well. Make sure when u get to state go over the whole thing again in adjustments put the Mctr amount for example mine was $700 so I put that. 

I was able to have my returns update and efile and be accepted today....I stopped calling Turbo Tax. I read the back of my 1099misc regarding box # 3...went in and deleted where I had it in wages and income, and inserted it under common other misc. income that does address 1099misc forms. followed the instructions...under payer I typed State of California Franchise Tax Board...verified the format and their TIN # inserted the $ amount in box 3...hit continued and chose the Ca MCTR box...continued on and when asked to give it a label name I typed in what they said just like this "CA MCTR" with the quotation marks at the bottom of page came up not taxable and continued on and marked the fix returns for both Fed and State verified everything and efiled and waited for the emails...1st email is returns have been sent and then waited for the rejection to come within the 15 minutes like we all have done several times....they were both accepted and remain accepted...this is basically what I did, I know that you will understand what to do as we all have tried at least 4 times to do this...the only thing different eas puttinf the quotations marks on the the labrl identifier....why did Turbo Tax not know this? I even had problems with my disc that came all scratched and corrupted files on my computer which thay did fix...I have been dealing with TT problems since 1/14/23....hope this helps....this is what I did and was successful...did not want to wait until 1/30/23....I had nothing to lose to try one more time!

are you guys using turbo tax online? 

@Mommyof4girlz  What else would we be using ?? LOL. 

@User2024  what i was referring too was Online version or the Desktop CD/Download program.. 

Same!  I got someone to call me and remote into my computer.  We filled out the area for state, but it still rejected.  Ugh!!

We filed jointly, using online version, and were just accepted.  Federal only. Waiting on something different for State.

Just got off the phone with a rep named Keshawn.  She told me that it is a known glitch and that she was advised by her supervisor to tell customers to wait to try to submit again until late next week.  She also said that if you try and get rejected 5 times, you can no longer e-file.  I did not know that.

She was very helpful and I am glad I talked to her.

@Hulababy777  so now late next week? they said 27 then 30 and then its gonna be another date!!!

Still not fixed as of today 1/28/23.  Also, I noticed the CA MCTR is counted as income on my California tax form and it shouldn't be.   On Schedule CA (540), in Part 1, Section B, line 8z, it's wrongly listed as income.  No way for me to fix it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies