Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Dizbabe

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

When I logged in this morning to “fix my return” now it says a product will be ready January 30th….I tried filing again anyway. We will see but I’m not confident it will go through. This so frustrating. 

Edagrdo2378
Returning Member

I had same issue. I filed my taxes and rejected by IRS saying about Ca_MCTR_Payment and its said they are working on it and to log back in January 27, 2023 or after and it should be fixed. Then I log back in on January 27, but still not fixed now it says come back on January 30, 2023. Any one know what is going on? Is this problem is Turbo Tax or others tax company is having same issue? Did anyone know? Maybe it’s time to go somewhere else? 

yesterday, 1/27/23 I got a brief note with my rejected return, stating Intuit will have this 'fixed' by January 30th. Suggested update your Turbo Tax at that time. Didn't print the note unfortunately. This was not the same as the first day the federal return alone was rejected. There were two different reasons by the time I got that note. The customer service message in regards to the rejected STATE of AZ return only reads "NONE" with a date and time. Today the reason for rejection is "...a potential issue with form 1099-misc IF you received this form for payment of the California Middle Class Tax Refund. On or after January 30, 2023, you'll need to sign into Turbotax, complete a quick review and resubmit your return". I live in AZ and have had nothing to do with the state of CA. So I called into customer support and was told to remove the amount I input on the 1099 form. Deleted the entire form and input the amount on another form instead. so the problem MUST be on the 1099 form or worksheet.

If you can, put your amount on a different form instead of the 1099 or wait for the Turbotax update. So far it's been half an hour since I refiled with no 1099 form included in my tax return and I haven't received that rejection yet. Each other time, I received it within 20 mins. so... so far so good.  It's just their 1099 form that has an issue they need to fix apparently.

I resubmitted mine about 20 minutes ago and they got accepted. I logged back into TT, clicked on federal income and wages, edit the 1099 MISC, delete it, then re enter the 1099 MISC info. Be sure to type “CA MCTR” in the box. That’s all I did. Resubmitted and just got the email saying my federal and state returns were accepted! Hopefully this helps.

Same issue here now its saying 

We've identified an issue in your federal tax return. This issue is being resolved in a product release scheduled for January 30th, 2023. On or after January30, 2023. you'll need to sign into TurboTax, complete a quick review (steps below), and resubmit your return. This is just for your federal 1040 tax return. To review and re-submit your return: If you're using TurboTax online: 1.Log into TurboTax.com 2.Select Check my return 3.Select on the left navigation menu Federal 4.Select Federal Review 5.Answer the question about the California Middle Class Tax Refund 6.File your return If you're using a CD or downloaded version of TurboTax: 1.Open TurboTax 2.Select open your return 3.Select on the top navigation menu Federal Taxes 4.Select Federal Review 5.Answer the question about the California Middle Class Tax Refund 6.File your return Note: The calculation change may affect the taxpayer's refund or balance due.

Dredog12

Where so I find that check box where is says mctr payment 

Dredog12

So did you remove it from income and just claim it on the state? Was it rejected again? 

Dredog12

Let us know if your return was accepted 

Checked again today and they moved it to January 30th

Edagrdo2378
Returning Member

I tried that then I try send it but turbo tax keep saying there is something need fixing and says the CA MCTR the let fixed it then when I did and the message showed up again about January 30, come log back in that day. So same stuff

Edagrdo2378
Returning Member

So tried fixing my tax again by delete the 1099-misc form and re fill it again like one of member here did then I hit send this time the CA MCTR middle class refund is actually there now so I checked it then they verified everything and teady to send. So while double check it and the problem note showed up again and saying I have to fix it now. What I did is send it anyway because I knew I fix that already and took my changes. It was send to IRS today and I received confirmation that My Federal is accepted. Cool

What form did you use instead ??

What form did you use instead ?? @marytony 

What about state? Was it accepted

I Followed the user above instructions and I deleted the 1099misc then re entered it again and resubmitted my return, and it’s been accepted. The state is pending, but the federal has been accepted. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies