turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA_MCTR_Payment - rejection

Hey everyone quick question here. I live in California and recently filed our taxes. It keeps giving me the error code and rejecting it due to the CA_MCTR_Payment - There is a potential issue related to Form 1099-Miscellaneous.

it said there was suppose to be an update today to fix it and I keep logging in and trying to fix it and once I think it’s fixed it rejects it again. 

has anyone successfully filed this and not gotten a rejection? What are we suppose to be doing with this?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

188 Replies
skerrj

same here.... how do we know when product release schedule for January 27th, 2023 is out?

SAME HERE!!!!!!

I keep doing updates EACH DAY including TODAY and "THEY STILL HAVE NOT FIXED IT!!!!!!"  Of course, you can't reach anyone alive!   TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER DECADES OF USING THEM!!!

Now I guess I wait for Monday to see if they have it together yet.  Hopefully, they have people working at the office and not at home!

I figured since the notice said it’d be updated today that it would be fixed this morning >____< but nope no change. So frustrating.

I tried it today - Friday Jan 27 and still received a rejection code.  I did see where they added a box to check on the 1099MISC to say it was a California MCTR refund and was hoping that was the fix but it was not.  I double checked and made sure all updates were downloaded.   Not sure what is wrong but they said it would be fix today - but clearly it isn't.   I will try again on Monday.   Well, at least we have until April 15th right?   

I just tried it again! It had a section in state where we enter the mctr payment we got and sent it in again! I will update if it does not reject again 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I was rejected again about an hour ago. 

The question in the state return wasn’t there when I checked.  Thanks for the info.   Now I had to go edit adjustments to income on line 27 of the state tax return because answering that question put the tax deduction on another line.   Just did it.  We will see.   Thanks.  

Returning Member

Same 

Mine just rejected AGAIN. 🥺

There is a glitch, for sure. TT should send an email about it 

Same, I've looked it over 50 times and even re-did State return entirely. Whatever updates they are pushing are not working. I've received so many rejections. And "experts" don't seem to know and are not properly trained to give us the info to know what to do next. I spent $128 to be left in the dark...

I am just going to wait it out.   Filing on the weekend doesn't do anything anyway.  Ive done it before and I don't get an update until during the week.   I figure I would come to this forum Monday afternoon and see if anyone is having any luck and try it again.   I didn't spend that much on TT - been a customer for ten years - but now I have been thinking after this experience if I should continue to be one.  There is lots of players in the game.  This could be a hit to their EBIT from California customers not buying again.  We will see.

I agree. I will try again on Monday and see if anything has been updated at all. I’ve gotten maybe 10 rejections today I’ve erased everything and entered it all in again a few times. Just so frustrating.

I just filed my taxes and got the same rejection others have: "...  CA_MCTR_Payment - There is a potential issue with Form 1099-Miscellaneous if you received this form for payment of the California Middle Class Tax Refund.".

When I went back into TurbTax and followed their "Help Me Fix It" button, there was a text window stating a product update would be coming on January 30th.  After updating, they said to go back into the return file and go to Federal Taxes/ Federal Review and Answer the question about the California Middle Class Tax Refund and refile return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies