turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stickshiftwagon20
Returning Member

Are my "quotes" (federal and state returns) inaccurate? like tax withholding not being reported in-sync with my return (being less). Is it right that I owe my state? thx!

The amount I earned, when subtracted from my other income (W-2), is over the $4k threshold (if there is one).
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are my "quotes" (federal and state returns) inaccurate? like tax withholding not being reported in-sync with my return (being less). Is it right that I owe my state? thx!

What $4K threshold?  

No one else can see your screen, your tax return or your account.  We do not know if you entered your amounts correctly--or what you think is not in sync.   Of course it is possible to owe your state--many taxpayers end up owing either federal or state tax -- or both--depending on whether they had enough withheld from their paychecks or not.

Please explain further what you think you are seeing---your post does not make it clear.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if necessary for any reason.
AND, to find your AGI next year.
OR, to figure out what the heck is happening..

Is your state withholding wrong on your state return?  Check that you picked the right state in the W2 box 15 drop down list.  Check the amount in box 17 for state withholding.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies